Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise formally established in 2012 in Uganda. We use asset finance, technology, and a customer-centric model to help informal sector entrepreneurs dramatically increase their economic trajectory. Operating in Uganda and Kenya, our 460+ staff have served over 30,000 clients and are rapidly growing and innovating.
Job Purpose: The company driver will be responsible for all company transport related duties
Reporting: Branch leader.
Key responsibilities include;
- Safely transporting company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of luggage, products, and materials.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Ensure full compliance to all traffic regulations including update 3rd party insurance cover, proper parking etc
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain accurate daily vehicle log records of mileage and fuel records
- Timely report any accidents, injuries, traffic & parking tickets and vehicle damages to management
- Daily vehicle inspection and performing basic support undertakings like changing the oil & changing the batteries and reporting mechanical defaults.
Key person specifications;
- A minimum of of a High school certificate
- Proven 2-5 years experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps and GPS devices
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Focused, Confident, Observant and safety conscious person
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd May, 2021