The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a State Corporation established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya with the mandate to regulate, supervise and promote development of the insurance industry in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE: Corporate Communication Officer
DIVISION / SECTION: Corporate Communication
GRADE / LEVEL: IRA 6
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head, Corporate Communication
1.0 PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Responsible for implementation of communication strategies aimed at meeting the Authority’s goals and objectives.
2.0 PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Implementation
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the IRA communications policies and strategies
- Assist in the Planning and implementation all of the organization’s internal and external communications and promotional programmes
- Identify events that can enhance IRA’s image or can be used to reach many publics and coordinate IRA’s participation in the same
- Provide content for the IRA website and ensure that it is updated and remains relevant for purposes of information dissemination
- Assist in organizing and managing press conferences, media coverage and respond to incoming media calls
- Provide input for speeches, news releases and any other presentations as required
- Develop and maintain a list for distribution of IRA’s Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials
- Assist in gathering information, write articles and edit newsletters, reports, journals and other publicity materials
- Monitor all public comments about the organization
- Oversee photography and videography at IRA corporate events
3.0 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
3.1 Education and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations or related field
- Be a member of a relevant professional body
- Minimum KSCE Grade B+
- Proficiency in ICT
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in a reputable organization;
- Diverse experience in public relations, communication and events planning;
- Knowledge of content development; and
- Experience in managing and leading diverse teams of professionals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Good organization and inter personal skills; and
- Public relations skills.
- Ethical and integrity;
- Team Player; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Important: Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present the following statutory documents during the interviews: Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, and report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer:
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly indicating on the envelope the reference number and position you are applying for) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and national identification card by close of business on 24th May 2021 to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.