Job Vacancy: Mechanical Technician
Job Location: Rangwe Road, Nairobi
Cosmos is among the fastest growing pharmaceutical based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We believe quality is of paramount importance and there is only 1 quality when it comes to medicines.
Adhering to strict Good Manufacturing Practices, we are able to achieve this through both public and private partnerships.
With over 200 hundred registered products, Cosmos’s aim was to increase the quality of life, convenience and compliance for the people.
Cosmos was established in 1978 with the sole aim of manufacturing quality medicines at an affordable price for Kenyans.
With over two hundred registered products, Cosmos’s aim has been to increase the quality of life, convenience and compliance for the people.
Cosmos is now a 3rd generation family business of technocrats that has grown to have a presence in 9 Sub Saharan African countries.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 500 + employees from diverse backgrounds who drive and solve diverse problems, but all embody the values, hard work, and passion that make us achieve our goals.
Our aim is to gain international recognition as East Africa’s leading Manufacturer, through offering the latest treatments at affordable prices.
For our work, we have been recognized to be the fastest growing pharmaceutical company in Kenya.
About The Role
We currently seek to recruit a Mechanical Technician.
The mechanical technician will perform planned and reactive mechanical maintenance work and troubleshoot all issues relating to mechanical systems, in order to ensure maximum up time of machines, equipment and utilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review standard operating procedures for machine cleaning, maintenance as required.
- Carry out mechanical preventative maintenance as per schedule and remedial maintenance on equipment where necessary.
- Locate and adjust defects in equipment, promptly attend to any machine breakdown within the plant, and recommend corrective action to prevent future breakdowns.
- Participate in the installation of new machines and learn to operate them.
- Observe operation of machines and recommend improvement to increase efficiency to the engineering department.
- Proper housekeeping at all respective workplaces.
- Ensure proper documentation and safe custody records/reports/logs of work done, breakdowns, etc.
- To immediately report and escalate persistent mechanical problems directly to the mechanical engineer.
- To follow standard procedure when attending work and adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Observe safe work procedures, use of personal protective Equipment (PPE), and report incidents/accidents.
- To adhere and comply to; all cGMP and GDocP records/data standards, ALCOA principles, and the company code of conduct for data integrity.
- Any and all other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing plant/heavy equipment field
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical tools, equipment, materials and practices
How to Apply
Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 12th November 2021
Cosmos is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Cosmos Ltd. does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). Cosmos do not ask for information pertaining to your bank account details and any other personal information outside the recruitment process. If you receive such solicitation, kindly contact us immediately at email@example.com
Cosmos: Medicine you can trust.