Our Client offering courier services is looking for an Operations Manager to head the courier department and providing industry best practices and guidelines that will ensure high profits are attained not leaving behind the overall growth of employees in the courier team.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Ensure all branch staff members are well trained in courier SOPs.
- Ensure all business permits are renewed timely.
- Devise, monitor, and review sales targets and incentives for branch staff
- Adequate manpower planning and allocation
- Manage courier sales and expenses in branches
- Ensure customers get the promises that we give as a company.
- Ensure parcels are well kept in the booking offices and safe from damages.
- Monitor the delivery time of the parcels vis a vis committed timeline, investigate delays and put corrective measures in place
- Evaluate the customer complaints, devise methods to control complaints, work on process enhancements and communicate effectively to all stakeholders, including the customer service team.
- Ensure all crew members are trained on health and safety.
- Ensure all crew members have required documents i.e license, PSV, and good conduct.
- Ensure all crew members are trained on parcel handling and documentation when on transit.
- Ensure all crew members attend the required refresher courses quarterly on the courier.
- Plan and devise customer sourcing strategies for business development to increase the customer base for the courier division
- Ensure all vehicles are operating with all the required legal documents i.e. Insurance, and inspection.
- Provide courier logistics solutions according to customer needs.
- To apply for tender and projects that have been advertised.
- To post clerks in CFS to source for courier cargo.( These are clerks who go to container freight services (CFS) and source for cargo that has been cleared by clearing agents from other companies but they don’t have transport.)
- Hold regular meetings with the team to touch base on the progress and shortcoming of our operations.
- Assist in recruiting and training courier personnel.
- Ensure all vehicles and offices are branded according to courier branding guidelines.
- Monitoring courier competition in the market and coming up with measures to counter competition
- Degree in business management or any other related field.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a supervisor role in a courier industry with a professional company.
- Should have managed a team at a courier company before.
- Should be computer literate and understand MS office tools, ERP experience would be preferred Business Understanding:
- Understand Communication Authority of Kenya (governing body for courier) rules and regulations on courier operations.
- Understand courier license procedures
- Understand the road network and condition so as to know where we can send our parcel trucks.
- To understand cross-border regulations and requirements on the movement of cargo.
- To understand general vehicle maintenance and operation cost.
- Optimum resource and space utilization to generate maximum revenue while minimizing cost.
- Analysis of financial and operations report.
- Understand current courier marketing trends and customer behaviour that change with time.
- Generate revenue from online courier business especially when working with online shops. • Create, analyse and interpret courier data to derive profitability of the business unit.
- Understand fuel consumption, tire consumption and wear & wear of courier vehicles.
- Knowledge of current market rates in courier especially weight and volume(CBM)
- Parcels handling procedures for warehousing and loading, offloading Generic Skills:
- Proficient with MS office tools.
- Be able to interpret and analyse financial data.
- Parcel packaging and loading skills.
If your background and competence meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th November 2021