TUME Middle Africa Consulting is a business advisory service offering support to Companies and business professionals who want to build their brands and markets in Africa. TUME works with selected independent professional partners to merge global expertise with local knowledge and deliver outstanding, actionable solutions. Engaging TUME will strengthen your professional capability significantly and help shape your growth.
Our client is a fast-growing non-deposit-taking financial institution based in Nairobi. As part of their strategy to strengthen the organization’s capabilities, they are seeking to fill the following position:
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position’s key responsibilities are:
- Assess loan applications as per the credit policy. Mitigate and document any deviations and complete the process accurately and on time as per customer service charter targets.
- Build application veracity by visiting, interviewing, observing, recording and ensure files are turned around within target timelines.
- Update the business’s credit and financial models by incorporating market and regulatory developments promptly after approval.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Credit Analyst is responsible and accountable for the following Core job elements:
- Visit customers, assess applications and ensure that credit parameters are adhered to. Ensure that agreed turnaround times are honored for all applications.
- Track deviations and any correlation between deviations and delinquencies and make recommendations about procedural or policy changes.
- Contribute to the development of credit and financial models to be used by the business, including but not limited to bad debt modeling, debt collection processes, cash flow modeling, and loss rate assumptions.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that actions are appropriately carried out to execute on key initiatives to drive improved credit performance, reduce risk and improve accountability.
- Ensure proper security creation process for all secured loans.
- Monitor the portfolio, analyze delinquent cases, profile customers, data cuts. Keep company credit exposures within set risks barring the limits.
- Underwrite loan applications including credit approval reports, credit analysis results and loan request summaries.
- Deliver business goals specifically in the areas of portfolio quality, profitability, product performance, and risk management
REPORTING & CORRESPONDING RELATIONSHIP:
This position reports directly and is responsible to the Credit Risk Manager.
EDUCATIONAL & COLLATERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or Economics or other relevant studies from a reputable University.
- Two (2) or more years of demonstrated experience and outstanding results in retail / SME credit Management.
- Ability to discern risk in the face of inadequate applicant documentation like audited accounts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, highly numerate and inquisitive.
- High integrity with outstanding strategic, problem-solving, negotiation, communication and team skills.
- IT Skills: Proficiency in the use of MS office particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021