Job Title: Credit Control / Debt Recovery Officer
Gross Salary: Competitive
We seek to hire a highly-skilled and well-experienced Credit Control / Debt Recovery Officer tasked with implementing and adopting turn around strategies that ensure timely collection of all due debts to the company.
- Develop and implement credit strategies.
- Manage all debt collection for the company as per set standard operating procedures.
- Monitor payment patterns of various clients and recommend appropriate action.
- Develop, implement and periodically update the credit control policy
- Ensure all invoices and support documentation are dispatched in good time to the clients from the billing department, in liaison with the accountants.
- Resolve any disputes or complaints from clients to ensure a good business relationship.
- Daily reconciliation of debtor’s accounts.
- Ensure that account statements are sent to customers regularly.
- Verify balance of account receivables to ensure all figures are accurate on the ledger.
- Prepare monthly debtors and collection reports.
- Analyze potential bad debtors and recommend on any appropriate action.
- Open debtor accounts and set up the credit terms and conditions.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Business related courses (CPA (K) and Diploma in Credit Management are an added advantage).
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in accounting, credit handling and auditing.
- Working experience in the service industry will be an added advantage
- Understanding of business operations with knowledge on best credit policy adjustments.
- Good leadership skills and experience in problem solving, negotiation and turnaround management.
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to form effective working relationship with staff and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your current CV and application to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th May 2021.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.