As the voice and lobbyists for Savings and Credit Cooperatives in Kenya, we at KUSCCO have been at the forefront of efforts to form and develop strong and viable SACCOs. Our key roles at KUSCCO – as the umbrella body for SACCOs – are mainly advocacy and representation. In addition, we offer SACCOs and other cooperatives financial and technical assistance, tailored to largely benefit the middle and low income earners both in Kenya’s rural and urban areas. This is a significant fraction of Kenya’s population that drives the country’s economy through the small and medium enterprise (SME) engine.
Job Reference Number: PF-CM-21/4/21
Employment Terms: Three contract renewable based on performance
Reports To; CEO
Direct Reports: Credit Administrator
Oversee the growth of the Society’s loan portfolio while ensuring quality and health of the loan book is maintained.
- Putting in place and implementing effective credit management, monitoring, collection and recovery strategies.
- Champion development and review of loan products.
- Generate loan reports to the CEO for presentation to the board.
- Identifying, assessing, and evaluating risk areas in recovery and making appropriate recommendations.
- Manage delinquent accounts to ensure that the Sacco complies with regulatory requirements.
- Implement and maintain a suitable credit management information system
- Manage the daily operations of the credit department in an efficient and effective manner. viii. Develop, review and implement the Sacco’s credit policy.
- Ensure proper security perfection, documentation and custody.
- Ensure loan applications are reviewed and approved in line with the credit policy and the service charte
- Ensure timely disbursement of approved loans in liaison with finance department
- Preforming other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, credit management or any other related.
- Professional qualifications in Credit Management (Certified Credit Professional)
- Diploma in cooperative management is an added advantage,
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in credit administration or loan management gained from working at management level in a financial institution
- 30 years of age and above
- Orientation towards risk management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. iv. Good negotiation skills
- Be of exemplary integrity and honesty vi. Financial analysis skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills ix. Possess excellent business writing skills