I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
The role is responsible for managing and monitoring the credit risk exposure of clients within Business Banking, Premium Banking and Personal Banking Segments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to credit analysis, credit approval, signatory to letters of offer and active monitoring of the portfolio to identify and mitigate credit risks. The role holder will work in conjunction with other credit and business functions in achieving the job purpose.
The incumbent will report to the AGM Credit – Business, Premium and Personal Banking and will be responsible for:
- Analyzing credit proposals for risk identification, measurement, mitigation and giving recommendations to the relevant credit authority for sanction/decision.
- Approving credit limits as per delegated authority.
- Advising credit decision(s) to various stakeholders within the prescribed time.
- Monitoring the portfolio for identification of early warning signs and initiating remedial action(s) including restructure and reorganization of accounts within delegated Authority.
- Liaising with the Business Segments’ Credit Analysts to ensure quality proposals are originated to enable the relevant credit authority reach quality decisions.
- Undertaking Bank- wide training on Bank’s products, credit processes and credit analysis.
- Preparing packs for presentation to Credit Risk Management Committee (CRMC) and the Board Credit Committee (BCC).
- Acting as Bank’s Power of Attorney (POA) / signatory for various documents as per Delegated Authority.
- Ensuring that Service Level Agreements and Turn Around Times are adhered to.
- Periodic review of the performance of obligors to which the Bank has exposure, including borrowers and counterparties (correspondent banks, insurers etc.)
- Acting as a liaison between the Credit Department and other departments within the Bank in developing products that address clients’ needs and ensuring that they are within the current policy and if not, seeking waiver of the same from the relevant authorities.
- Conducting off-site visits for new borrowers, accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration of credit quality, debenture backed exposures and for security monitoring.
- Reviewing inward clearing exception reports, Temporary Overdrafts and excess over limits and escalating for sanction as provided for within Delegated Authority.
- Regular market research on the industry and market events which could affect the performance of the portfolio, new products, TAT and industry best practices etc.
- Advising Credit Analysis team on the developments in the market that would affect the business.
- Supporting the Credit Monitoring unit in monitoring the various approval conditions, covenants and undertakings to ensure that all facilities maintain acceptable credit quality throughout their life.
- Participating in Credit portfolio management to reduce Gross NPL to total advances ratio.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters of Business Administration degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in Banking, Finance or Accounting.
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 8 years relevant experience (3 in credit).
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong people-management and leadership skills;
- Advanced financial risk analysis skills;
- Advanced credit risk management skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Basic banking and fair knowledge of prudential guidelines;
- Ability to comprehend and handle both straight forward and complex financial /lending proposals; and
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the Bank’s products.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26 July. 2021