Program Manager Job, NGO Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Position: Program Manager –DREAMS
REF NO: PM-DREAMS/01/05/2021
Date of Commencement of Duty: July, 2021
Duty Station: CSA Nairobi Office Duration: 1 year, renewable contract
Centre for the study of Adolescence (CSA) is a leading national Organization committed to the promotion of the health and development of young people through research, technical assistance, advocacy and capacity building to expand choices and improve access to safe, affordable and sustainable Health services. CSA works in partnership with governments, relevant institutions, professionals and communities to support young people’s right to exercise choices, access to health services and participate fully in activities that promote their health and general wellbeing.
Overview of the Program
Centre for the Study of Adolescents, CSA, is sub-awarded by World Vision Kenya (WVK)- USAID Tumikia Mtoto Project to implement specific and appropriate Evidence informed Behavioral Interventions targeting adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 9-24 years in Embakasi North and South, Kasarani, Kamukunji, Westlands, Makadara in Nairobi and Thika and Ruiru Sub counties IN Kiambu.
This is a 5 years OVC (Orphans and Vulnerable Children) and DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe) Program that aims to increase use of Quality County-led Health and Social Services. The DREAMS initiative is aimed at reducing new HIV infections among 9-24 years old AGYW through the provision of a tailored, comprehensive and evidence-informed service package for AGYW, their male sexual partners; families; and communities. The initiative acknowledges that keeping adolescent girls and young women HIV free also positively impacts their overall health, education, development, and wellbeing. The DREAMS strategy underscores the provision of adolescent friendly services and AGYW empowerment in all spheres of life.
The DREAMS program Manager will provide technical leadership for high-quality, evidence-based DREAMS programming and service delivery for targeted AGYW. He/she will inform the program’s social and structural change approaches to HIV prevention in high-prevalence settings, as well as appropriate combination prevention and youth livelihoods strategies and interventions. He/ she will have expertise in prevention activities for adolescents and youth, new prevention technologies, evidence based implementation theory and methodologies, and effective social and behavioral change communication (SBCC), and biomedical approaches to HIV prevention. He/she will work closely with DREAMS Technical Lead for USAID Tumikia Mtoto Project to strengthen capacity to deliver evidence based interventions.
Strategic and Technical Program Oversight
- Provide technical leadership to the provision of DREAMS Core package of interventions to reduce adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) vulnerability to HIV
- Design and provide technical guidance to DREAMS activities at the community level with respect to OVC, to increase health seeking behaviours, expand access to safe spaces and adolescent-friendly services and improve the overall wellbeing of AGYW and their families.
▪ Monitor implementation of HIV prevention and youth livelihoods interventions and provide oversight to CSA TUMIKIA MTOTO program implementation plans and budgets.
▪ Support roll out and implementation of curriculum-based interventions including; MHMC, HCBF, SHUGA, Sinovuyo, Family Matters! Programme and steppingstones to the supported AGYW and communities
▪ Lead integration across a range of services for youth within the AGYW to take a holistic, family-centred approach to improving their wellbeing
▪ Engage County stakeholders to ensure that DREAMS beneficiaries receive layered services from multiple implementing partners
▪ Provide technical assistance and mentorship to staff, facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention in order to identify gaps, technical capacity limitations, and priority technical assistance needs.
▪ Develop program workplans (Annual, Quarterly and monthly workplans) and ensure these are approved by the relevant approval levels in time.
▪ Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of DREAMS and youth livelihoods quality improvement activities.
▪ Regularly monitor and report on DREAMS quality assessment, improvement, and assurance.
▪ Prepare program reports and program briefs on a timely, accurate and complete manner. These reports include quarterly, half yearly, annual progress reports and regular program briefs as required by the Prime and USAID.
▪ Co-ordination, partnership Building and networking with County and Sub County relevant departments and health facility and community structures for effective program implementation.
▪ Facilitate problem solving during the implementation period.
▪ Represent USAID Tumikia Mtoto program in DREAMS related County forums ▪ Participate in relevant donor activities with the project team, including meetings and visits and make presentation on DREAMS as required
▪ Participate in DREAMS/AGWY Technical working groups at the county and sub county
▪ Oversee communications and availability of program material development for SBCC, IEC, and Family Planning for adolescent and youth.
▪ Supervision of key staff under the DREAMS and youth livelihoods technical areas.
▪ Perform any other prevention duties as assigned by the supervisor. ▪ Ensure regular complete and adequate communication on all programmatic matters to CSA management and the Prime as and when required
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
▪ Guide tracking, analysis and manage periodic target achievements, AGYW linkage opportunities and curricula rollout on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, to ensure the project achieves the assigned AGYW target
▪ Support review of the project outcomes and utilization of project data to prioritize interventions and layering
▪ Compile and submit timely high quality periodic and adhoc DREAMS reports as per WVK and donor requirements
▪ Contribute to writing of the relevant project documents; work plan, narrative reports, technical documents and briefs, proving DREAMS technical expertise as required
▪ Jointly with the program management team organize quarterly and annual program review meetings bringing on board all stakeholders.
▪ Lead the day to day delivery of the DREAMS package ensuring adherence to donor guidance, supervise and mentor staff.
▪ Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, Health Sciences, Gender, Development Studies, or a related field.
▪ At least 5 years progressive work experience with PEPFAR funded AGYW, OVC and integrated HIV/AIDS programme in an INGO setup.
▪ Hands on experience of leading a recent large PEPFAR funded DREAMS programme
▪ Familiarity with OVC and DREAMS programming integration is highly preferred ▪ Experience in Providing Technical Assistance to local implementing partners (LIPs)
▪ In-depth understanding of PEPFAR/USAID DREAMS priorities, expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting
▪ Good facilitation/presentation skills
▪ Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at County, Sub County and Community levels.
▪ Strong familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID policies, procedures, rules, regulations and reporting requirements.
▪ Excellent understating of GOK structures at the county ad community level ▪ Good skills in data analysis and report writing for donor reports, technical briefs and relevant documents
▪ Familiarity with project implementation within Nairobi’s informal settlement context
▪ Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English and Kiswahili Travel Required 60% of the time to Tumikia Mtoto program sites.
How to apply
Written applications including Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae indicating position and the county/ward applied for with day-time contact phone number(s) of three references
The application should reach the Administrative Manager by not later than June 14th, 2021 on E-mail: email@example.com
The Administrative Manager
Center for the Study of Adolescence
Mbaazi Avenue, Off Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202, Nairobi; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org