Job Title: Call Center Supervisor (N)
Level: Functional Manager
Department: Processing Support
Unit: Call Center
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the day-to-day management of the Call Center including outbound and inbound calls, and quality checks within Call Center operation. Daily management of the RSC Africa call center activities, will includes day to day effective resource planning to maximize productivity against set objectives.
This position supervises Senior Call Center (CC) Representatives, and CC Representatives. This position reports directly to the Call Center Manager.
- Ensures all refugee calls made or answered by the team adhere to USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standards and guidelines to ensure the integrity of RSC case processing and strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM USRAP Compliance and Integrity Module.
- Assist the Call Center Manager (in coordination with Call Center Specialist) with the development and implementation of Call Center SOPs, Call Scripts, Call Center Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)/goals.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of regular process reviews to compare requirements versus current processing and outputs.
- In conjunction with the CC Manager, ensures that proper follow up is done on escalated matters to other program departments and partners.
- Monitor the call quality, ensuring callers are given information according to USRAP requirements.
Data Management and Analysis
- Assist the Call Center Manager prepare CWS Internal Monthly Call Center report, quarterly Congressional reports, and quarterly PRM Progress report.
- Work closely with staff from the Data Integrity Department to ensure Call Center reports are functional and updated regularly and in line with USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standard guidelines.
- Develop reports and quality control checks that ensure use, accuracy and efficiency.
- Work closely with Call Center Manager, Call Center Specialist, and IT to ensure Call Center software and tools are utilized and maintained effectively, including provision of inbound and outbound calls logs and reports.
- Redistribute Call Center work plans depending on hourly call traffic/surge analysis reports run and computed by Call Center Specialist, against the set Call Center KPIs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Ensure USRAP partner, refugee, and vendor call communication from the units is professional, timely and proactive, including RSC internal department follow up to resolved calls.
- Represent organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensure the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder, vendors/callers and colleagues.
Performance Management **
- Provide direct supervision to the Senior Call Center Representatives, and Call Center Representatives including completion of yearly performance evaluations, development of job descriptions, and participation in hiring.
- Assist Call Center Manager in the evaluation and identification of training needs and, development and implementation of training modules for Call center staff.
- Run quality checks (QC) and provide feedback to staff and/or other departments.
- Conduct coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans where necessary.
- Establish performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training.
- Review and monitor team and individual progress towards unit goals.
- Monitor staff time, attendance, leave, and ensure accurate timesheets are submitted on a timely manner.
- Develop and share daily workload against the set KPI and available Senior Call Center Representative, Call Center Representative, and contract Interpreters.
- Work with Call Centre Specialist to ensure availability of contract Interpreters and appropriate language are available.
- Monitor and evaluate the call quality and WRAPS updates of Senior Call Center Representatives and Call Center Representatives through review of recorded calls and WRAPS QC reports.
- Handle calls or calls issues escalated by the Senior Call Center Representatives, including calls identified as high level or sensitive.
- Monitor and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting the safe space, open-door and escalation policy.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensure staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience at RSC Africa or US refugee resettlement is required.**
- Previous experience working in a Contact Center preferred.**
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Strong customer service delivery skills.
· Excellent diplomatic skills including calmness and excellent communication skills.
· Good project management skills.
· Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
· Basic knowledge of market standard Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
· Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) database, USRAP Policies and Procedures.
The Call Center Supervisor must have the ability to:
· accurately type 40 wpm with a 96% accuracy rating
· work as part of team in a multi-cultural environment;
· supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
· travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· pass the job knowledge assessments with score of 80% or higher; pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources; and
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).**
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at learning new technologies quickly.
- Skilled at analysing processes and translating them into automated solutions.
- Committed to exceptional customer service.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Skilled at working in a matrix structure and complex shift planning.
- Highly collaborative.
· Proficiency with online platforms (WebEx, Zoom, MS Teams).
· Good interpersonal skills are essential as these will help the to motivate Call Center representatives in a positive, constructive way to encourage performance improvement.
· Being accountable and responsible for your team’s performance. You are all in this together.
· Being organized and numbers-driven is important because you will have accountability of your team achieving certain performance levels and will have to provide reports to senior management.
Physical: This position requires sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases and harsh weather climates. **
A background check which includes references and criminal check is required before the start of
employment. Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is also required
before the start of employment. Must be legally eligible to work full time in Kenya. Employee may be
entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.