Business Systems Analysis Intern Job, IT Kenyan Job Vacancies June 2021,
Position: Business Systems Analysis Intern
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
Our Business Systems Analyst Intern will be primarily responsible for stakeholder management, requirements gathering and analysis, documentation, process mapping, training users on systems and performing best practices research to improve existing solutions and identify new solutions. They will also be incharge of analyzing the organizations processes and prescribing areas that needs process improvement, re-engineering or automation.
- Analysis of system requirements and preparation of software requirements documentation after careful elicitation and analysis of clients’ needs and business processes
- Continuously evaluating procedures and processes and Identifying opportunities for improving business processes through information systems or process improvement
- Mapping out all business and system processes, to achieve operational efficiency and smooth process flow
- Working closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs, and work with key stakeholders of business dockets to move their processes online
- Prepare and supervise system tests to ensure they meet the clients’ needs
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes
- Communicate with heads of all departments about common frustrations, hindrances and other issues that interrupt their workflow
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages
- An undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Upper Division in Business Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related discipline from a recognized Institution
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to document requirements and specifications
- Excellent knowledge of the software development process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong organizational and time management skills
How to apply