Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss child relief agency. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Children are the first to suffer in times of war, natural disasters and as a result of poverty. At Terre des hommes, our goal is to steadily improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children worldwide. We are focused on five main objectives: Improving the health of infants up to the age of 3 and of children in need of specialised medical care Protecting migrant children Preventing child exploitation Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis OUR PROGRAMMES AND PROJECTS REVOLVE AROUND Children’s rights and their best interests Creating a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities Establishing close cooperation with local bodies based on respect Constant improvement and innovation Enhancing heath and protection systems in the long term Gaining recognition in Switzerland as a reliable organisation and source of financing
Location: Korogocho Office, Nairobi
Reports to (Hierarchically): M&E Assistant
Number of subordinates: 0
Duration: 3 months Working time in % : 100%
- Support in questionnaire testing using different tools such as Open data kit (ODK).
- Support the creation of dashboard for different projects.
- Support in data cleaning, analysis and reporting via SPSS and Excel software.
- Support the EAL department in quality control of the data
- Support data reporting and presentation processes.
- Support the projects-data collection processes.
- Support in database development for projects and data entry
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Any other assigned duty given by the supervisor
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Security and child safety
- Understands and applies security policies, Child Safeguarding Policy and fraud prevention policies.
Staff employed to work in Tdh will be expected to have:
- Professional conduct that reflects proper behavior in accordance with local culture and tradition.
- Ensure the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defend in all circumstance
- Commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning and beneficiary related issues.
He/she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Protection Policy
Professional skills / Qualifications required:
- Degree in Applied Statistics with computing / computer science
- Proven experience as a data management processes .
- Excellent knowledge of data processing and analysis tools .
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative collection methods in the humanitarian aid and development sector
- Command of IT tools and experience in using databases
- Ideally, experience with some or all of the following tools: Advanced Excel (including pivot tables), CPIMS, SPSS, ODK/KoBo tool box, Ona, etc.
Competencies: This position requires personal, social and leadership competencies (PSLC) and technical and methodological competencies (TMC)
- Ability to communicate clearly and constructively on negative and positive points
- Team spirit: ability to work closely with project teams and consultants
- Analytical skills
- Discipline, precision, transparency and intellectual honesty
- Results-oriented focus and problem-solving abilities
Ability to learn from positive and negative experiences and capitalize on errors
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Locals and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer
Closing Date : 9th June, 2021