As the voice and lobbyists for Savings and Credit Cooperatives in Kenya, we at KUSCCO have been at the forefront of efforts to form and develop strong and viable SACCOs. Our key roles at KUSCCO – as the umbrella body for SACCOs – are mainly advocacy and representation. In addition, we offer SACCOs and other cooperatives financial and technical assistance, tailored to largely benefit the middle and low income earners both in Kenya’s rural and urban areas. This is a significant fraction of Kenya’s population that drives the country’s economy through the small and medium enterprise (SME) engine.
Job Reference Number: PF-DR-21/4/21
Employment terms: One year renewable contract based on performance
Reports To: Credit Manager
- To ensure that all approved and disbursed loans are fully repaid as per the agreed terms and conditions to prevent loss to the society due to non-repayment.
- To manage non-performing loans to preserve capital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring society’s portfolio at risk and ensuring a performing loan book
- Ensuring timely preparation and release of demand notices to members whose loans are overdue.
- Aggressively follow up on non-performing loans
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports on debt recovery
- Managing all the securities registers and monitor the status of available securities.
- Discharging securities where respective members have cleared their loans as per laid down procedures.
- Extracting, confirming and transmitting CRB information to licensed Credit Reference
- Manage storage and sale of repossessed collaterals
- Assigning members’ loan accounts in default to debt collectors.
- Liaise and monitor the execution of the recovery exercise by the third parties involved including auctioneers, lawyers and debt collectors
- Responding to members’ queries and complaints.
- Undertaking field visits for recovery activities
- Champion credit information sharing as may be required
- Follow up legal cases where recovery action is challenged in court
- Monitor and regulate the debt collection costs within the approved limits
- Ensure the recovery exercise fully complies with the statutory regulations and guidelines;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or any business-related field.
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage
- A member in good standing of a relevant professional body.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in debt collection within the financial service industry
Knowledge and Attributes
- 28 Years of age and above.
- Fully conversant with lending in the Kenyan business environment
- Excellent negotiation and communication skill
- Experience in working with targets and strict deadlines.
- Good planning, analytical and monitoring skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications
Fill in the form on the link https://forms.gle/wNdaSmUE8DRTN9pR7
Send your CV to our email
and MUST clearly state the job reference number as the subject and addressed to:
Research & Consultancy Department
P.O. BOX 28403-00200,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 5th May, 2021