Vacant Position: Depot Administrator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a Leading and the most innovative paint company in East Africa providing tailor made solutions to the construction and retail segments of the market with innovative products, services and world class after-sales support is urgently seeking to hire a versatile, enthusiastic and well organized Depot Administrator.
The successful candidate will provide a high standard administrative support at the Depot and other matters by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage stock levels and monitor stock movement cycles & maintain efficiency and cost effectiveness in distribution operations.
- Ensure zero variance between system stock and physical stock, and stock security.
- Oversee safe storage of finished goods & keep record of dispatch vehicles and maintenance of the same.
- Conduct daily stock take and forward the report to the TQM, Planning & Logistics.
- Liaise with HR Department regarding staff discipline/ performance / employee relation issues and ensure action is carried out on the same if necessary.
- Perform PR functions in the depot at all times.
- Control level of slow moving and redundant stocks.
- Enhance security in the depot especially in the warehouse and office and report promptly to the Chief Security Manager in case of suspicion.
- Maintaining the entire depot including furniture, furnishings, telephone lines, lighting, other electrical connections like CCTV, AC, refrigerator etc.
- Supervision of customer service staff to enhance customer service excellence.
- Ensure the depot meets all the necessary statutory requirements and maintain updated records of the same.
- Support Sales, Marketing and Customer Service teams to ensure increased market share.
- Maintaining the leave plan of Depot staff.
- Requisition and maintain stocks of office supplies and Stationaries.
- Implement Health and Safety procedures and Kaizen Methodologies at all levels of operation.
- Perform any other duties as required by management
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in depot operations, warehousing, logistics, supply chain or similar
- Substantial previous experience in a complex environment, working with multiple stakeholders
- Analytical approach and problem diagnostic skills
- Thorough knowledge of Depot operations procedures, supply and logistics
- Thorough knowledge of HSSE systems, policies and procedures
- Attention to detail and clear levels of ownership
- Proven leadership skills with an eye for continuous improvement of teams and methods of working.
- Accountability – drive accountability and takes responsibility accordingly
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic Organizational skills and the ability to be proactive and take initiative
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close
of business 6th September 2021.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.