Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development. Specific areas we work in include: â€¢ Health â€¢ Education and workforce development â€¢ Climate change and the environment â€¢ Food security and agriculture â€¢ Housing and communities â€¢ Survey and data collection
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party position for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five-year activity will focus on strengthening health leadership and governance and strengthening health systems for quality and equitable service delivery. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide. Position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for providing leadership in technical and administrative aspects that ensure successful project implementation. This position is responsible for offering oversight and supervision of senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is contingent upon award to Abt Associates.
- Upholds Abt Associates values and exercises them throughout tenure on the project.
- Provides leadership and guidance on a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Provides leadership in the development of project work plans and budgets, ensuring integration and effective coordination and planning of technical activities.
- Ensures timely implementation of monitoring plans for project activities and that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
- Offers leadership and guidance to teams and team leaders carrying out project activities.
- Provides quality assurance of all project activities and products.
- Other duties as may be required by the Chief of Party.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health, Medicine, or related field.
- 8 years (minimum) of relevant international health experience with a master’s degree.
- At least five years managing complex projects in the areas of health systems strengthening (human resources for health, financing, governance, supply chain and health commodity management, data for decision-making), in Kenya and/or East Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to help establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system in Kenya and/or East Africa.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning initiatives within donor-funded projects (preferably USAID).
- Experience assessing, selecting, and managing sub-grantees highly preferred.
- Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Fluency in English.
Bachelor’s Degree + Fifteen years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or PhD + Ten years of relevant experience
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021