The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) was established by the Government of Kenya on the 14th of January 2013 under an Act of Parliament-Act No.4 of 2013, to provide research based curricula and curriculum support materials responsive to the needs of the society.
GRADE KICD 3, ONE (1) POST
The Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management will report to the Director/CEO
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Facilitating purchase and warehouse of goods and services;
- Planning, organizing and coordinating supply chain management function;
- Overseeing the development and review of procurement policies and strategies;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of existing policies, regulations and procedures;
- Spearheading the preparation and implementation of the procurement manual and procedures;
- Coordinating internal auditing and evaluation of supply chain management processes and procedures;
- Coordinating periodic valuation of the Institute’s assets;
- Initiating the process of disposal of unserviceable, obsolete and surplus stores and equipment;
- Monitoring supplier’s performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements;
- Ensuring periodic market research and surveys are conducted;
- Leading negotiation efforts in major contracts;
- Overseeing implementation and effective use of e-procurement system;
- Coordinating preparation and consolidating procurement budgets and plans;
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards relating to procurement of goods, services and works;
- Spearheading preparation and consolidating procurement budgets and plans;
- Overseeing safe custody of procured goods;
- Initiating periodic stock taking and stock audit;
- Secretary to procurement, disposal and tender committees; and managing and developing staff.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must have: –
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management Officer, KICD Job Grade 4 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Procurement and Supply Chain Management; Purchasing and Supplies Management; Supply Chain Management; Procurement and Contract Management; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Procurement and Logistics Management or equivalent qualification
- from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Business Administration (Purchasing and Supplies) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in management;
- Computer literacy;
- Full membership to a professional body;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in supply chain management.
- Fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The Director/Chief Executive,
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development,
P.O. Box 30231-00100
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. We encourage people with disability and the marginalized to apply
Closing Date : 18th May, 2021