Vacant Position: Developer Advocate AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Overview: The Developer Advocacy and Support team at Autodesk consists of engineers with a wide range of skills and expertise across various industries.
The members of the team work together, combining their domain knowledge expertise, and assist Autodesk partners or 3rd party developers around the world to successfully implement solutions and solve problems in innovative ways.
As the Developer Advocate, you will be bridging between our partners and Autodesk’s productsengineeri ng teams.
You will work with a range of software APIs (Application Programming Interface) used by design and engineering professionals, both cloud-based and desktop.
Internally, you will advocate for our product teams to API-first development.
You will be involved in the review of APIs during their design to ensure that our products’ APIs are built to meet our partners’ needs and provide best experiences.
You will write code samples demonstrating how to use new APIs being developed and provide feedbacks to the engineering teams.
Externally, you will evangelize APIs for design and cloud-based collaboration technologies, work with our developer communities through presentations, trainings, writing proof-of-concept applications and coding events.
You will understand challenges that our partners are facing, use your knowledge to help them resolve problems and realize their creative ideas.
- Implement prototypes and software components.
- Develop technical content for the developer community including sample code, blog articles and whitepapers.
- Write extensive sample code that demonstrates API usage and best practice.
- Provide technical (API programming) advice to the community in various forms: e.g., one-on-one, webinars, social channels such as Stack Overflow and Autodesk forums. Help resolve technical issues including communicating the functions of a particular API, assisting with the software code and programming-related API questions.
- Use knowledge of Autodesk product APIs to assist partners with their business objectives of providing value-added software for their customers. Assist with their software design by providing them with technical information on Autodesk APIs and technologies.
- Assist with technical marketing activities including presentations and event participation.
- Work with internal product development engineering teams worldwide to help resolve customer and developer issues. Act as a liaison between engineering and the developer community by helping to evaluate and influence new API releases to help meet the needs of the community.
- Work on state-of-the-art technology to bring 3D content creation applications to the browser.
- Work as an integral member of a high-performance team making an important individual contribution.
- Estimate effort and schedule for projects, adhering to quality standards and continuously adapting to change of requirements
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 2-5 years of Experience in an Object-Oriented Programming environment.
- The ability to implement efficient and maintainable code.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Detail oriented and passionate about building software and technology.
- Fluent in English. Written and verbal communication skills in English are extremely important.
- Ability to be patient and communicate across different cultures.
- Enjoy interacting with people – including one-on-one conversations and presenting to audiences at conferences.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit API, and BIM 360 and/or Forge API.
- Experience with Git or equivalent revision control systems.
- Knowledge about web development related technology such as Webpack, node.js, and npm.
- Basic experience with Angular2 and vue.js
- Theoretical knowledge about reactive and functional programming
- A background in computer graphics with both theoretical and practical expertise. – Comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving
- Hands-on experience with security best practice
- Practical experience with testing of user interfaces
- Knowledge about the React web development framework – not only about how to use it but also about how it works
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before 30th May 2021.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Developer Advocate AEC) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.