Database Administrator Job, IT Jobs 2021,
POSITION: Database Administrator
Application deadline (May 10, 2021)
- Identifying and resolving complex Database server problems in large banking environments.
- Working on new technology implementation and improving database performance
- Engaging vendor support as required to resolve complex issues
- Analyzing and improving database performance for key processes
- Mentoring internal development and support groups on database best practices through one-on-one interactions and general information updates.
- Daily monitoring for database performance, backups & data import jobs consistently responding to developers/project managers our willingness to go the extra mile to respond rapidly to their database issues and provide assistance and problem resolution.
- Enhance, improve & implement Disaster Recovery solutions including designing, configuring and support the existing environment.
- Capacity Planning, especially the ability to aggregate day-to-day challenges into a bigger capacity planning effort.
- Assist IT security in security Challenges and solutions.
- Support for new ongoing project development, testing, and deployment.
- To provide support to design, plan & implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for Business-critical Database Servers.
- To setup, maintenance & administration of MS SQL Servers in Production, Staging, Test & Development Environments.
- Data Transformation Services configurations and maintenance.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security and controlling database access permissions and privileges.
- Keep abreast of the latest security, legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities and plan proactive actions accordingly.
- Continually monitor security events in the network, take corrective actions and generate reports for management
- To provide a supporting role to DBA team by:
- Resolving or fixing known issues with the help of documents or online/offline help.
- Performing database monitoring and taking needed corrective actions as per documentation.
- Escalating issues for resolution expeditiously
- Service management (starting or stopping of database and relevant services).
- To provide adhoc support for oracle database-related tasks.
- All the above accountabilities includes but not limited to any additional/new tasks or responsibilities assigned by the line Manager.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Information Science and Engineering or equivalent
- Database Management skills.
- Process Management skills.
- Knowledge of Islamic Banking principles and Sharia laws
- Microsoft Certified Professional, ITIL Certified.
- Oracle RDBMS 10g/11g/12c OCP certification and experience
- Thorough knowledge of MS SQL databases
- Thorough knowledge in SOA, Oracle Fusion Middleware technology including Oracle Form Services, Weblogic, etc
- Proficiency in SQL, SQL Plus, PLSQLStrong
- knowledge in SAN, NAS storage systems
- Must have worked in a Large, complex OLTP High Availability Database environment
- Proficiency in operating systems Unix, Solaris, Linux
- Networking skills especially in the area of the Oracle Clusterware and Storage administrator skills for ASM and OCFS2.
- Minimum 4 years in similar role
- Problem Solving
- Team Orientation
How to apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting Ref. No. IT/DBA/008/21 as the Subject of the email application.