Root Capital is an agricultural impact investor that grows rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa and Latin America by lending capital, delivering financial training, and strengthening market connections for small and growing agricultural businesses.
Reports To: Advisory Services Manager, East Africa
Contact: Please apply by filling out the form below.
We supply these businesses with vital credit and capacity building to foster their growth and resilience. We work in hard-to-serve communities where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.5 billion to improve the lives of over 10 million people in farming families.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia, Peru, Ghana, and Kenya.
This role will support the implementation of the digital business intelligence (DBI) program in the Macadamia value chain in Kenya. digital The specific duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Carry out DBI diagnostics to assess business performance in various management areas and identifying the strengths, weaknesses, and potential opportunities.
- Generate an advisory plan focused on tangible change and impact by improving the business management with data visualization for decision making
- Design digital surveys for data collection in the field in collaboration with senior DBI consultant
- Provide technical training on the use of mobile digital and information management tools.
- Help organizations in data collection, cleaning, debugging and offer solutions to technical problems
- Monitor information processing and analysis to provide data visualization
- Reporting on weekly/monthly progress of the execution of the project
- Any other duties that may assigned from time to time
- Conducting diagnostics for ACRA clients (10%)
- Designing digital surveys (25%)
- Providing training on data management and digital survey tools (20%)
- Monitoring data collection, cleaning, and debugging (25%)
- Monitoring data processing, analysis and visualization (15%)
- Reporting (5%)
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree, preferably in Business administration, information management or Information Technology related studies.
- 3 years of experience in business development, preferably in macadamia value chain
- Experience in participatory training and facilitation methodologies preferably in Macadamia value chain.
- Experience in big data management and analysis preferably in agricultural value chains
- Experience in working with agricultural enterprises or producer organizations/co-operatives.
- Experience in adults learning methodologies
- Proficiency in MS Office, mainly Excel, and Google Apps.
- Proficiency SurveyCTO and IFormbuilder is a plus.
- High planning and organizational management skills
- Good writing and ability to generate reports or other documents required
- Ability to travel and work in different parts of the country.
- Team player and performance oriented individual
- Ability to work with multicultural teams
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
Commensurate with experience
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021