World Animal Protection
Job Title: Digital Communications and Content Officer – Africa
Reports to: Head of Communications – Africa
Budget holder: No
Global / Local: Local (A global role works across geographic boundaries with a remit to enable the delivery of strategic organisational activity across the world, providing direct input and support at a local level as required. A local role is primarily focussed on the delivery of strategic organisational activity within a country or location, providing information and input to global strategy and directions as required.)
Main Purpose of the role: The Digital Communications and Content Officer supports World Animal Protection’s strategy to move the world to protect animals by producing compelling stories and content for digital channels which engages and inspires audiences to take action which helps protect animals.
The role produces high quality visual and written content to drive engagement across World Animal Protection’s digital and social media platforms, working closely with marketing, communication, fundraising and campaign colleagues to help raise the profile of our organization on a regional level, grow our supporter base, and engage a community of supporters ready to end animal suffering on a global scale.
- The Digital Communications and Content Officer is accountable for deepening supporter engagement which supports our campaign and fundraising objectives across digital channels.
- The role is responsible for developing and implementing communication plans, producing effective and compelling digital content and monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of our digital engagement strategies.
- The role is responsible for updating the website, leading in supporter acquisitions through all social media platforms.
- The role holder is responsible for complying for leading all digital marketing campaigns,
- The role holder will comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Substantial experience creating compelling multimedia content for digital channels including writing for information and interaction content for the web, social media and email
- Skilled using tools to manage and create content including content management systems, email marketing systems and social media monitoring and management tools
- Skilled in gathering data on digital activity, analysing and interpreting results including use of Google Analytics and performance dashboards
- Experience reporting on and conducting analysis of digital engagement
- Experience of gathering information, data and raw content from a range of sources within and outside an organisation
- Experience working to tight deadlines to deliver high quality content
- Experience of usability testing
- Knowledge of legal and statutory requirements for digital content including accessibility, transparency and data protection
- Experience with data management, segmentation and email optimization techniques
- Experience maintaining efficient administration systems including schedules and reports
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds, in different cultural settings and time zones
- Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, digital marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with SMS marketing
- Familiarity with Drupal Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with Marketo Email marketing platform.
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues.
About World Animal Protection: We are World Animal Protection. For over 50 years, we have moved the world to protect animals. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We are active in more than 50 countries. We work with governments, local partners, animal welfare organisations, businesses, and communities to find practical ways to prevent animal suffering and cruelty worldwide.
We collaborate with international bodies including the Food and Agriculture Organization, the United Nations Environment Programme, the Council of Europe and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). Through our work, we seek national and international policy change to improve the lives of billions of animals, because animal protection is a fundamental part of a sustainable future.
Interested candidates should send their applications together with a motivational letter describing why they are suitable for the position, a detailed CV (stating qualifications, experience, current position, and expected remuneration) by 5:00pm East Africa Time (EAT) on Sunday 27 June 2021 to
The Director for Africa, World Animal Protection,
via the email: email@example.com
referencing the job title in the subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the position and World Animal Protection, please visit our website: https://www.worldanimalprotection.or.ke/jobs-and-internships
World Animal Protection is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Director for Africa
World Animal Protection
Westside Tower, 9th Floor, Suite 901
Lower Kabete Road, Westlands, off Brookside Roundabout
P.O Box 66580-00800,