Security Solutions Architect Job, Current IT Jobs,
Role title: Security Solutions Architect
Reporting to the Manager-Intelligent Security, the Security Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing technical roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. He/she will specify, and design complex solutions based on their technical expertise across multiple domains within the Intelligent Security environment – Secure Infrastructure, Secure Multi-Cloud and Secure Access. This will include the ability to architect complex cross-Business Unit integrated solutions to ensure our Go-To-Market solutions are secure by design.
1. Opportunity Realization
- Evaluate each opportunity for alignment with Dimension Data capabilities and business policy.
- Prepare the executive summary that outlines all the information gathered from the client regarding to the client needs.
- Document the proposed technology solution.
- Document the statement of work along with all labour requirements.
- Work with the Client Manager to prepare the pricing format that will be supplied to the customer.
- Perform the actual solution design and prepare a parts-list outlining solution components/equipment to be provided.
- Develop and manage a proof-of-concept as such may be required.
- Engage all technical resources required for an accurate solution design.
- Document all deliverables and what constitutes a successful completion.
- Verify the proposal’s accuracy and sign off on the final documents to be presented to the client.
- Assist the Client Manager during the final presentation to the client as appropriate.
2. Design Solutions
- The Security Solutions Architect is a consultative technology and solution focused specialist who has the ability to create excellent client relationships with their technical expertise in Security solutions. In addition to being viewed as a trusted technical advisor to the client, the Security Solutions Architect will also have responsibility for solution design and business development.
- The Security Solutions Architect provides technical support and expertise in analysing client requirements, in conjunction with the client’s current Security capabilities and ensuring technical solutions will accomplish the client’s objectives.
3. Contribute to Proposals
- Security Solutions Architects demonstrate strong client engagement skills with clients of a mid-complexity base. This requires the ability to participate or lead in scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses.
- The Security Solutions Architect works closely with the Client Manager throughout this process and will also assist in the decision to pursue or abort a deal. They assist with the determination of outsourcing, product pricing and collaborates with the Client Manager to develop an implementation solution.
4. Achieve Product Sales
- The individual is expected to achieve products sales to meet specified financial goals according to specified financial metrics. The Security Solutions Architect has a responsibility for influencing and guiding members of the Sales team and to ensure that they are equipped to close deals. They also need to maintain visibility of forecasting and sales pipeline in order to influence potential deals.
5. Manage Proof of Concept
- A strong vendor relationship is required to ensure an understanding of the vendor’s products business and technology positioning. The individual is expected to manage client proof of concept (POC) initiatives, which will require the involvement of the appropriate resources, and setup and delivery of the POC.
- To obtain a working client solution the individual acts as a bridge between the client, Engineers and Consultants (technical solution viability) and Project Management teams (project initiation).
- The Security Solutions Architect owns the proposed solution and transitions the build / implementation to the delivery team. This means that he/she remains engaged with the client all the way through to the transfer to managed services and returns as “thought leaders” for the next opportunity. All processes should comply with all defined project management methodologies.
6. Coach and Train Sales Teams
- The Security Solutions Architect has a technical consulting aptitude, focusing on the business and sales aspects. The individual trains and coaches the sales team and when applicable teams of Engineers and Consultants to transfer product knowledge.
- The Security Solutions Architect also mentors the Security Product Specialists/Managers.
7. Implement Solutions
- Security Solutions Architects use their previous technical project lead experience to guide successful implementation of a Security solution. They may be required to manage multiple development designs and projects to meet client and project timelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in a security pre-sales/sales role
- 2-3 years of infrastructure, endpoint or application security implementation experience.
- Experience presenting technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Thorough experience in multi-vendor Security products and understanding of industry best practices
- Client engagement and development consulting experience
- Previous experience in technical proposal writing
- Business development experience
How to apply