MIllar Cameron is a leading recruitment consultancy who provide recruitment talent solutions to the Food Value Chain, Agricultural, Logistics, Real Estate and Finance sectors in developing geographies with a particular emphasis on Africa. Headquartered in Oxford with an office in London, our team of consultants and researchers source personnel for projects and operations. We are presently investigating opening offices in Africa however already work with numerous talent associates within the region. Millar Cameron is regarding as one of the leading recruitment companies focusing on the African market and is the leading recruiter for international farming projects. We assist our numerous clients through the provision of professional,loyal and dynamic professionals. Our disciplined recruitment ensures that the right people are found irrespective of the challenge. Millar Cameron is an active component to addressing key global issues such as Food Security.
The Director of Operations & Engineering (O&E) will be a key member of rAREH’s Executive Committee. The post holder will be responsible for developing rAREH’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance strategy to ensure delivery of high standards of plant performance and integrity. This will be achieved through the development of a high calibre team, capabilities, systems and processes. The post holder will functionally oversee and support the safe and efficient operational performance of all assets. The Director of O&E will join country-level boards responsible for the governance and oversight of their respective assets. He/she will also determine the operations and maintenance (O&M) strategy for each asset – either outsourced to third party providers or managed in-house.
The Director of O&E will work closely with the other members of the Senior Leadership Team to drive the growth and development of rAREH. He/she will be accustomed to providing leadership to multiple operations and will have functional responsibility for country-level Plant Managers where applicable. He /she will directly line manage a Group Operations Manager and a Group Engineering Manager.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of O&E will provide technical leadership at the early stages of project development to ensure that project designs are optimised for cost-effective ease of operation, maintenance and long-term asset management.
The successful candidate’s role and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in ensuring the company’s assets are managed safely, and in an environmentally, technically, and commercially correct manner, in compliance with all corporate and relevant local standards
- Contributing to the ongoing development and strategy of rAREH from a technical perspective including elements of stakeholder management and the development of corporate systems and processes
- Ensuring lowest life cycle costs and highest availability and reliability across rAREHs assets
- Recruiting, supporting and mentoring junior members of the business
- Functional supervision and support of plant managers
- Provide technical input to project / business development activities; preparing O&M cost estimates (pre-COD and post COD periods), plant operating plans, staffing plans, maintenance schedules, availability forecasts, technical assistance, etc.
- Managing tenders and leading negotiations for EPC, O&M and other technical contractors
- Supporting and/or leading commercial negotiations with O&M support companies and long term service agreement with OEMs
- Selecting and managing technical and engineering consultants and O&M service providers for certain outsourced assets
- Commissioning and overseeing technical, design and engineering studies
- Leading close-out of lender technical due diligence work streams
- Planning for and implementing the transition into construction of projects
- Inputting into the organization design as projects moves into construction and subsequent operations
- At country-board level, overseeing construction of projects,
- Establishment and maintenance of technical documentation, processes and systems
- Investigating and supervising technical improvements for plant reliability, maintainability, and performance
- Providing inputs and assumptions into the O&M annual budgets and reviewing compliance with such budgets
- Identifying and providing recommendations for mitigation and management of all technical risks
- Assisting in the presentation of projects at all internal approvals and supporting the development, monitoring and achievement of budgets
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.