Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
The Digital & Technology vision is to lead the way in the transformation of Diageo business capabilities, leveraging data & digital technology, to create a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Diageo seeks Plan Analyst with a forward-thinking perspective with a well-informed point of view on the changing role of technology in supporting and enabling the business. S/he will have a strong grasp of business capabilities and create the bridge between business capability today and those required to deliver our business goals.
The Plan Analyst will provide the insight to define and measure “As Is” business capability maturity, understand the gaps to close and define the required “To Be” model to deliver against Diageo strategic goals. They will inspire, engage, and collaborate with subject matter experts across Diageo to define the process, data, people and tech to deliver strategic business outcomes.
The successful candidate will be particularly effective at understanding, articulating the process landscape of business capabilities of today and plotting the path to closure though close collaboration with colleagues across Enterprise Architecture. S/he will have the patience and flexibility to collaborate and engage with customers and colleagues across levels and functions. S/he can work nimbly in a matrixed, global organization, managing independently while keeping others engaged and involving cross-functional colleagues as appropriate.
S/he will shape the future business capability and process architecture to drive results that positively impact productivity, efficiency, overall customer service levels, and enhance company strategy and profitability.
The purpose of this role is to define the gaps to close to deliver the business capability development/transformation required to deliver the D&T strategic plan for the Global Commercial Transformation agenda. Shaping the benefit and outcome expectation that capability improvement will deliver over time.
Support the strategic prioritization within the functional or geographical area of accountability, ensuring access to value in the most efficient way possible.
The role is pivotal in collaborating, partnering and aligning with:
Regional & functional subject matter experts to define the business capability strategic plans and roadmaps
Ensuring that D&T:
- Understands what is required to deliver Diageo’s strategic business objectives.
- Delivering optimized return on D&T investment
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities for D&T innovation
Create the strategic D&T plans and roadmaps for the Commercial Function. That defines, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, the D&T goals that will contribute to the strategic objectives, identifying the business capabilities to be developed/transformed. Provide external perspectives and provocation to shape approach. The detailed what and why of our strategic plans to enable Enterprise Architecture to define the how.
Create, align and publish the business capability roadmap defining the sequencing of capabilities and markets to access business value, including decommissioning/application rationalization plans.
Support robust business case development including the measures of success and roadmap to achievement.
Provide effective relationship management through transparent and outcome focused engagement with subject matter experts across the organization.
This role is focused on the Global Commercial Function including capabilities across Growth, Planning, Execution and E-Commerce. D&T relationship management success will be critically dependent upon successful joined up Region and Function planning with Enterprise Architecture
There are no direct reports but partnering with multiple functions/regions in the organization.
- Capturing as Is business capability maturity and Process to at least L4 (i.e. “Deliver Order”)
- Define, align & publish To Be business capability maturity to deliver Diageo strategic objectives – including target process flows
- Anticipating & identifying future opportunities and providing external perspectives, provocation.
- Support application rationalization roadmap
- Support development of robust business case to facilitate effective and transparent strategic prioritization of D&T investment
- Support identification of high level impact of change from development/transformation of identified business capabilities
- At least 3 years of responsibilities in a commercial business area (growth, planning, execution, e-commerce) or an IS focused business area
- Experience in identifying and assessing business capability maturity required to deliver strategic outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Training or knowledge of supported business domain areas
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements
It is our goal to reach greater flexibility of resources, which we recognize, may require a greater level of mobility and travel from some of our teams. For this role we anticipate the percentage of travel to be maximum 40%. Pattern of travel will be dependent on the needs of individual initiatives.
Diageo reserves its rights, after consultation, to amend this role profile.