DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.
DT Global is seeking a Director of Operations to oversee the operational implementation of USAID’s anticipated Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Activity in Kenya. The purpose of this activity is to contribute towards the prevention and reduction of Violent Extremism (VE) in key hot-spot counties in Kenya. The Director of Operations will be responsible for managing and coordinating field operations of the program and will work under the direction of the Chief of Party.
Compliance and Procurement
· Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and procedures for all program procurement and logistics.
· Ensure all approved purchase requisitions are processed in a timely manner and recommend the most appropriate method of procurement.
· Verify detailed tender specifications and performance standards with the program and the operations teams to facilitate procurement of equipment, goods, and services in strict compliance with the approved policy as well as the relevant donor requirements.
· Ensure that all steps of DT Global’s procurement procedures are followed consistently-and that these procedures are kept up-to-date with relevant regulations of DT Global and of USAID.
· Ensure that appropriate measures are in place to prevent and/or detect incidence of fraud, collusion, or corruption in procurement practices.
· Provide reliable pricing information (local, regional and international sources) and establish funding requirements for goods and services to be procured and delivered.
· Oversee all procurement activities, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations as they pertain to grants under contract.
· Ensure that all financial and administrative reports meet the DT Global and USAID reporting requirtements and timelines.
· Oversee all vehicle use and maintenance, in accordance with USAID and DT Global rules and policies.
· Oversee transport of goods to field locations, ensuring reliable tracking and reporting systems.
· Oversee timely, secure, and compliant responses to staff travel and accommodation needs.
Finance and Administration
· Oversee the application and renewal of the country registrations.
· Oversee all office leases, renewals, and relationships with landlords and ensure timely payments.
· Oversee office maintenance and cleaning service providers for all offices;
· Maintain inventory of procured equipment, in accordance with USAID and DT Global rules and policies and assist in tracking and updating all non-expendable equipment.
· Oversee annual asset reporting and disposition of assets procedures and documentation.
· Ensure all vendor payments are in compliance with program and operations budget line items.
· Oversee all work permit and visa issues for international staff.
· Supervise and work with the Human Resources and Administration Manager to oversee all national staff recruitment, documentation, orientation; ensure performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner; and suggest revisions to SOW or Job Descriptions, as needed.
· Ensure all HR documentation is saved and complies with documentation audits.
· Oversee IT service providers for all offices.
· Oversee information security management systems, procedures and staff orientation and training as needed.
· Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in an operations management capacity on projects of a similar scale and scope, including experience in US Government policies and procedures, with regards to: procurement processes, logistics, systems, HR management, and administration;
· Experience with USAID funded programs required.
· Demonstrated supervisory experiece required; experience managing staff in multiple program offices strongly preffered.
· Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations/affairs, business, management, finance, or a related field.
· Demonstrated security management experience, Microsoft office expertise, previous experience working in a fragile‐state context and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
· Prior East Africa region experience desirable.
· English language skills required; Swahili language skills desirable.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Professionalism and integrity: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.*