Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of about 366 branches and service outlets located in major centres across Africa and the United Kingdom. Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998, the Bank serves its various markets through 4 business segments: Personal, Business, Commercial and Corporate & Investment banking.
The job holder will be responsible for performing the e-Business settlement activities of the bank in an efficient, effective and accurate manner following laid down rules and regulations (bank-wide and regulatory).
- Conduct prompt and efficient inward/outward clearing operations
- Attend designated clearing house sessions at Central Bank clearing centre
- Obtain necessary approvals to process clearing cheques
- Collect, encode, sort, collate and sum values of all cheques drawn on other bank for clearing
- Collect, sort, collate and sum values of all cheques drawn on other branches for inter-branch
- Raise appropriate clearing entries and Confirm that all entries pertaining to clearing cheques are prompt and accurate.
- Post clearing cheques drawn on the branch to debit customer’s account respectively
- Check batches of transactions for correctness and completeness
- Provide daily clearing proofs/figures
- Photocopy all cheques for archives
- Process and document all returned cheques
- Perform other duties as assigned by the e-Business Settlement
- A good first degree in any discipline. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in banking/ financial services institution with experience in banking operations and electronic payments solutions.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good knowledge & understanding of banking operations (Domestic and International Operations).
- Understanding of automated clearing system
- Process Management and documentation skills
- Good Communication Skill (Oral & written)
- Excellent customer service
- Good accounting skills
- Good understanding of the Inter bank Settlement System, Payments systems
- Generic Skills
- Creative and taking Initiative
- Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization and coordination skills
Competitive renumeration package
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th July, 2021