Senior Export Promotion Officer Job, Latest Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya May,
Organ : EAC Secretariat
Job reports to Principal Trade Officer (International Trade)
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate implementation of EAC’s Export Promotion Strategy and programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the implementation of joint EAC Export and investment Promotion Strategy;
- Harmonise export strategies incentives in the region;
- Carry out research on best international export promotion practices;
- Coordinate the harmonization of Export incentives in the region;
- Implement Council decision and prepare progress report on export promotion;
- Identify export capacity constraints in the EAC region and the Partner States and facilitate development of strategies for addressing the same;
- Coordinate regional and international export promotion initiatives for Partner States, including the organization of export exhibitions in the region’s major export markets in liaison with Partner States;
- Review export promotion incentives provided by other regional economic blocks globally and make recommendations for creation of sustainable export promotion incentives in the region;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Economics or Finance or Marketing or Trade or any other relevant Master’s Degree.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience, 3 of which should be at a senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
- strong interpersonal relations, analytical,
- project management and negotiation skills,
- proficiency in Computer applications
- strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position
Terms and Conditions of Service :
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
This is a re-advertised position, however, previous applicants are invited to resubmit their applications.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 11th June 2021.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .