Job Title: Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Superintendent
Reports to: Construction Manager
Industry: Agriculture Hub-Under Oil and Gas Industry
Location: Various construction sites within Kenya
Middle: Responsible for implementing the monitoring and controlling tools and techniques on the project execution phase, and exercise authority to validate the project scope.
Overall Purpose of the Job: To monitoring/follow-up and control of the activities performed by contractors at the construction/fabrication site, from the initial construction up to the completion of the execution phase ensuring works are performed according to project specifications, budget and respecting all relevant QA/QC standards and HSE procedures and regulations.
- Timeliness and accuracy of construction progress monitor and control information provided, including contractor’s quantities executed and manpower.
- Assuring technical integrity of works and implementation of relevant HSE procedures according to standards and regulations.
- Assuring Construction Contractor and Vendors coordination.
- Assuring proper material control.
- Works progress certification.
- Monitoring construction activities are executed in accordance with project schedule, highlighting deviations and suggesting possible solutions.
- Monitoring construction activities progress, and quantities executed by contractor for Electrical and Instrumentation works.
- Verifying construction works compliance with Contract scope of works, project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinating interfaces between Vendors and Construction Contractor.
- Monitor and Control Mechanical Completion and Commissioning activities executed on site.
- Certifying Work Progress and relevant quantities – daily/weekly/monthly.
- Elaborate weekly construction progress report validated with the project base lines for communicating to the Project Management.
- Participate on site construction meetings between company and contractor.
- Review and comment specific site procedures and work practices as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Provide construction input to resolve site constructability problems using technical knowledge and experience.
- Ensure construction works are executed following the correct HSE procedures for risk mitigation and safe work execution. Report to Project Management any near miss, unsafe act, and incident.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Instrumentation engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of Oil & Gas Industry experience.
- 3 years of Instrumentation and Automation engineering experience.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of the local language (if required)
Training and Courses
- Energy Production facilities course.
- Introduction to Construction Management
- Hazard Identification course
- Energy Efficiency
- Functional safety and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
- ATEX Directive
- Process Control Techniques
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Instrument & Automation course
- Field and Plant Performance Monitoring
Required knowledge, technical or professional skills
- Professional Role general knowledge
- Instrumentation Automation & Telecomm. Systems Design
- Electrical Systems Design
- Plant Design
- Process Engineering
- Mechanical, Machinery and Piping Engineering
- Subsea Systems Design
Knowledge from other Professional. Areas
- HSE Principles and Systems
- Construction Works (Instrument and Telecom. Works)
- Commissioning Works (Instrument Works)
Specific knowledge, technical or professional skills
- Experienced on Mechanical Completion and Commissioning of Process Control Systems (DCS, ESD).
- HSE Risk Analysis and Job Safety Analysis.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before 25th September 2021.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Superintendent) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.