Job Title: General Manager – Engineering Company
Our client is an established engineering firm.
They seek to hire a well-experienced General Manager who will be tasked with providing strategic direction to the operation’s staff and structure as well as continuously develop and improve the business leading to its growth.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Oversee day-day operations as well as setting policies and processes.
- Provides the operating direction for the Technical Department, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met.
- Guides managers in resolving obstacles so that goals can be met.
- Analyses performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Negotiate and control of works carried out by outsourced workshops.
- Provides supervision and direction for the Technical Department.
- Ensures good communications between Technical and Operations to minimize project downtime.
- Ensures good communications throughout technical groups and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the team to ensure safety policies, rules, and regulations are reviewed, revised, issued and posted on an on-going basis.
- Exercise their powers in good faith and in the interests of the company as a whole.
- Maintain budgets and optimise expenses
- Maintain proper books of accounts and ensure annual audits are conducted.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally in their roles
- Prepare comprehensive reports to the Managing Director.
- Ensure company is compliant with relevant authorities
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Managing Director, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Finance / Business Management or related field of study from a reputable University
- University Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering from a reputable University. Post graduate degree in management, business or related fields is considered an asset.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Engineering and Project Management
- Must have working knowledge of budget preparation, basic financial related matters, and reporting against financial objectives.
- Requires effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills, as well as excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Proven effectiveness managing others, empowering them to make decisions.
- Technologically savvy, with experience overseeing information technology staff or vendors
- Experience effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, the Board or other outside partners/influencers/clients.
- Success seeing beyond the numbers, identifying trends and new possibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Hands-on, leads by example.
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details.
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach.
- Constantly looking to apply best practices.
- Predisposition to mentor and subsequently increase responsibilities as the team develops.
- Results driven, Flexible and resourceful. Have the ability to delegate.
NOTE: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager – Engineering company) to email@example.com on or before Monday 29th November 2021.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted