English Language & Literature Teacher
Location: South B, off Mombasa road, Nairobi
Report to: Headmaster
Job Summary: Responsible for instructing students about the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Assign books and essays for students to read and teach them how to identify themes, points of view, and other characteristics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Instruct students on interpreting literature.
- Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
- Help students interpret literature and poetry.
- Provide background on authors’ life and works.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Execute lessons efficiently using different styles of teaching depending on the content.
- Engage students to ensure a lively classroom atmosphere.
- Instruct students about the structure and content of the English language.
- Teach students the spelling of words, and their meanings.
- Emphasize the rules of composition, grammar and sentence construction.
- Teach students the correct pronunciation of words.
- Teach students to think critically when studying literature and poetry.
- Teach students to analyze and question media reports, advertisements, and news reports.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in English and Education.
- TSC registered
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a teaching role.
- The ability to compile lesson plans efficiently.
- The ability to execute lessons with meaning, in a fun, and engaging manner.
- Computer Skills.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 17th May 2021.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.