Vacant Position: Enterprise Systems Engineer Trainee
Duration: 6 months
Job summary: Our client is seeking to hire Enterprise Systems Engineer trainee graduates who are expected to learn the company’s functions and operations and implement the company growth strategies.
They are expected to have an understanding of Operating Systems, file systems, Networks and virtual infrastructures.
They will maintain open and efficient communication channels between themselves and their supervisor for the smooth operation of business activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control, and configuration adjustment
- Help managers complete technical daily tasks
- Analyze and report on system performance
- Optimize data backup and storage systems
- Support the efficient promotion of differentiating value propositions through sales engagement and partner training
- Supporting the sales team in presentation and demonstration of value to prospective and existing clients
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the Company’s services portfolio through vendor and third-party partners have taken to market via the reseller channel
- Maintain appropriate vendor certifications and accreditation in line with vendor programs
- Maintain knowledge of vendors pricing and channel support tools
- Install, maintain and upgrade data storage and backup hardware and software;
- Maintain documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures, and service records for data storage and backup hardware and software;
- Troubleshooting in the event of errors and backup problems, and to resolve and analyze the root causes;
- Proactively notify customers of failed backup work so that errors can be corrected quickly;
- Communicate with hardware and software representatives, as well as other internal teams, to diagnose and resolve errors with root causes;
- Participate in the assessment of new requirements, design, and technical standards;
- Respond to user requests and service requests
- Provide training to users of the data storage system;
- Participating in the company’s strategic planning and change management process.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Any other duties assigned
Experience, qualifications, skills required:
- A degree in BBIT, Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a related qualification.
- KCSE minimum entry requirements B- and above
- Autonomy and proactivity, requiring limited supervision;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment with a proactive attitude;
- Focused on attention to detail, quality, service and results;
- Must have had hands-on training on incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
Certification, Knowledge, and Professional Training
- CompTIA’s A+ or equivalent training (required)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA (added advantage)
- Windows Servers & Linux Operating Systems
- Windows Hyper-V and VMWare Virtual infrastructure.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com by 30th April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement