Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live. Our expertise Infrastructure Aviation, civil, communications, rail, and power.
Project Decima Summary
Bechtel is supporting an ambitious programme to deliver multiple data centres across 10 African countries. This programme will initially provide at least 70MW capacity of much needed interconnected carrier and cloud-neutral data facilities in this currently under-served and rapidly expanding market. Bechtel will provide central programme management and in-country deployed teams to deliver engineering, procurement and construction services tailored to location specific requirements. This is a great opportunity to develop with this fast-moving customer while supporting Data Centre Teams in various African locations including:
- Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa
- Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya
- Lagos, Nigeria
- and other cities across Africa
Deployed to a specific data centre project site, the ES&H Representative reports to the Site EH&S Manager and will support safety leadership for the project. The position demands excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative working ethic.
There are 4 positions available: 2 in Johannesburg, 1 in Cape Town, and 1 in Nairobi.
- Plan and coordinates work requiring judgment and experience
- Liaise with the Owner and/or integrate with Owner’s ES&H team in the development and application of:
- the project-specific ES&H Plan
- policy and procedures
- risk assessments
- job hazard analysis (JHA)
- methods statements
- mitigation measures to reduce accidents and potential adverse environmental impacts
- Develop and implement induction/orientation & training programmes and manage & monitor records
- Participate in accident/incident investigations and track actions to closure
- Compile and incorporate relevant legal requirements into procedures & processes, including training & communications, engaging with the project team as necessary to achieve compliance
- Administrate & attend ES&H contractor forums, committee meetings, Zero Harm, and people-based safety programmes, etc
- Manage project ES&H documentation including relevant legal permits, approvals, consents, etc, liaising with relevant local authorities as required
- Monitor ES&H performance and collate ES&H data, analysing & reporting on trends, and sharing lessons learned
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies’ processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, public health) or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13 October. 2021