General Manager (Commercial & Technical Services) Job, Other Professions,
- The job holder is responsible for the generation of revenues, overall management of the authority’s assets, provision of utilities and technical services to investors and citizens, and managing and leading Commercial and technical officers charged with delivery of these services.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management of Commercial and technical services directorate;
- Custodian and manager of the authority’s properties;
- Liaise with government agencies and local authorities involved in physical planning, environmental and land matters;
- Liaise with consultants appointed by the authority when putting up structures and approval of structural plans; and
- Supervise, appraise staff and identify their development and training needs.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Provide professional advice to the authority in technical areas;
- Oversee maintenance of water and sewerage resources and provision of services;
- Generate revenues for the authority from assets;
- Formulate, interpret and apply Commercial and technical services policies, procedures rules and regulations;
- Lead in land banking & acquisition and secure all land belonging to the Authority and ensure the Authority’s land is surveyed, beaconed and titled;
- Maintenance and major repairs of EPZA buildings and installations and regular facelift to keep them in high utility and standards for investors use;
- Water network improvement through upgrading of existing reticulation system and water chambers to secure our bulk meters;
- Improve collection of leases and rental incomes through reviews and benchmarking to ensure alignment with EPZA financial objectives;
- Execution of key infrastructural projects in EPZ public zones including Road expansion, Water reticulation and industrial sheds;
- Environmental sustainability of the EPZ zones and other key installations including Effluent Treatment Plant; and
- Protection of Government revenue in EPZ Zones.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Masters Degree in Business Administration /Engineering/Architecture/Quantity Surveying, Urban Planning or equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration/ Strategic Management /Engineering /Architecture /Quantity Survey/Land Economics or related field from a recognized Institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Member to a professional body;
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency.
- Meets the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Have twelve (12) years relevant experience with three (3) served in the position of Manager Technical Services or a comparable senior position in the Public Service or reputable organization;
- Ability to drive change in a dynamic environment.
- Business management skills.
- Strategy planning and implementation.
- Policy developments and formulation.
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes:
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Team management.
- Leadership skills.
- Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Applicants interested in these positions are required to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for the positions advertised must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC).
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job application Form and send firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
Ag. Chief Executive Officer,
Export Processing Zones Authority,
Administration Building, Viwanda Road,
Off Nairobi-Namanga Road, Athi river,
P.O Box 50563-00200,
attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 12th July 2021 at midnight East Africa Time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.