The Aga Khan University is a private, autonomous university that promotes human welfare through research, teaching and community service initiatives. Based on the principles of quality, access, impact and relevance, the University has campuses and programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Its facilities include teaching hospitals, Faculties of Health Sciences with Schools of Nursing and Midwifery and Medical Colleges, Institutes for Educational Development, an Examination Board and an Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations. The Graduate School of Media and Communications, the East African Institute, the Institute for Human Development and the Kiswahili Centre have been launched recently while several Graduate Professional Schools and Faculties of Arts and Sciences are to be set up in Pakistan and East Africa. Through its needs-blind admissions policy, the University imbues the most promising leaders and thinkers of tomorrow with an ethic of service and the skills to help communities solve their most pressing challenges. The Aga Khan University is one of nine agencies in the Aga Khan Development Network.
Reporting to the Chair, Department of Surgery, the incumbent will assist, coordinate and monitor educational programme of a high quality, contribute to scholarship, and provide exemplary clinical service in line with the departmental practice plan
- Implement and monitor the educational programme and ensure programme outcomes are attained
- Participate in selection of residents, assist in their rotations and ensure formative assessments of the residents/interns are duly filled and timely feedback is provided
- Facilitate residents’ educational development and assist in setting of examinations
- Participate in scholarly activities including educational and clinical research
- Promote and facilitate residents’ research, facilitate publication of their research work and supervise residents’ research as required
- Liaise with internal and external agencies regarding resources needed for research
- Generate audits from clinical practice to align with expected clinical outcomes
- Provide pre-determined clinical service, both outpatient and inpatient, and attend to emergency cases as and when required
- Establish clinical services aligned to areas of interest and specialization
- Develop a clinical team which include residents/interns as members with assigned responsibilities
- Prepare a schedule of regular clinical teaching activity
- Applicants must have a completion certificate of specialty training in ENT with a qualification of Masters of Medicine or FRCS or Equivalent specialty qualification. Applicant should also have done subspecialty training/fellowship in skull base surgery/head neck surgery.
- S/he must have 5 years post specialty training experience in the field.
- Teaching and research experience is desirable.
- S/he be registered or eligible for registration with Kenya Medical Practitioners’ & Dentists Board as a specialist.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 31 October. 2021