Our Client, with a coffee and horticulture farms seeks to recruit a Farm Manager who will be responsible for the assigned farms and be required to provide overall farm business management in addition to the day to day crops and livestock management.
The manager will also be responsible for preparing budgets and reports and ensuring the farms are not only productive but also profitable.
The manager will maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in the agricultural space.
Location: Main farm is in Yatta with an acreage of 200 (mainly coffee), with a secondary farm in Naivasha having an acreage of 12 acres (mainly horticulture).
Reports to: Director
Direct Reports: Farm Supervisors / Farm Staff
Overview of Position
- Manage the farm staff and ensure a good working environment
- Grow and manage the farms to be both productive and profitable
- Grow and manage the various sales channels
- Prepare management reports
- Maintain positive business relationships with customers, suppliers, professional bodies and distributors
- Manage workflow by ensuring all deadlines are met and work is completed and accurate
- Analyze existing operations, crops and livestock and recommend improvements
- Prepare production and maintenance cycles for each farm as appropriate
- Visit the various farms under supervision to inspect operations
- Manage the procurement cycle for each farm to ensure appropriate levels of supplies are maintained
- Maintain a functional repairs and maintenance schedule for all equipment and machinery
- Develop a pricing strategy to ensure our products are competitive
- Maintain overall responsibility over the sales and marketing of farm output
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure we get the best support e.g. from coffee millers and out growers
- Review staffing levels periodically and ensure staff are well trained
- Prepare management reports as appropriate to assist the Board make good decisions
- Hire, terminate, transfer, and promote farm staff while enforcing health and safety regulations
- Ensure accurate financials are maintained and prepare reports to analyze performance against set budgets
- Maintain healthy community and professional relationships/ networks
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Livestock Management or equivalent
- Additional courses in business management is desirable
- 5+ years’ farm management experience in Kenya
- Expertise in Coffee and Horticulture will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for agriculture
- Solid analytical and computer skills
- Demonstrable ability to manage teams in different locations
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Willingness to manage farms in different locations across the country.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Farm Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.