Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Two positions -To be based in Thika
The purpose of the internship is to be trained in recruitment and retention activities for a research clinic team.
The field officer intern will be trained on the following responsibilities:-
- Support the retention teamstaff meetings, and other events as needed.
- Bring to the study teams’ att in activities aimed at maintaining high retention of study participants.
- Conduct outreach activities in order to maintain high retention of study participants.
- Participate in trainings, team/ention any problems, challenges, observed in study activities
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in counseling, social work, nursing or clinical medicine from a recognized Institution
- Training in reproductive health sciences would be an added advantage
- Basic counseling
- Basic IT and social media skills
- Experience on health issues with communities
- Basic knowledge of reproductive health
- Prior work experience with young women
Terms of Engagement:
Appointment in the internship program will be for 6 months. This may be extended for another 6 months depending on performance.
i. A stipend will be provided.
ii. Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover
e-mail: [email protected]
Kemri Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Commited To Diversity; Persons With Disability, Women, Youth And Those From Marginalized Areas Are Encouraged To Apply. Kemri Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of Its Recruitment Process Including Application, Interview And Processing Of Offer Letter. If Asked For A Fee, Report Such Request Immediately. Only Those Shortlisted Will Be Contacted.
Closing Date : 19th May, 2021