Job Vacancy: Finance Manager (Film Production)
Location: State House, Nairobi
Our client, a film production company, is hiring a Finance Manager to join their team.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will monitor all financial data and prepare accurate statements.. Overall responsibilities include budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits. Acts as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses.
Ultimately ensures all accounting transactions comply with the law and support the company’s investments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Financial accounting & management
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded on QuickBooks.
- Prepare and send invoices to customers & donors on a timely basis.
- Maintain and reconcile the payable and receivable accounts to ensure timely cash receipt and disbursement so as to maintain a healthy cash flow.
- Track all cash, cheque and online transactions and reconcile cash and bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Take a lead in the preparation of the annual organizational budget, monitor and control expenditure within the approved budget and track variances on a monthly basis.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all organizational projects and processes.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual financial reports that will help inform management’s decision making.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses comparing it with prior year amounts and current set budget and provide explanations and viable solutions to mitigate any observed risks.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for all administrative and project related expenditure to aid in planning.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve any perceived problems.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management, identify areas of improvement and recommend viable ways of achieving this.
- Lead the company in making investment decisions, taking into consideration risk and liquidity.
HR & Administration
- Prepare payroll on a monthly basis, ensuring accuracy in employee net salaries and deductions. File and remit statutory deductions (PAYE, NSSF and NHIF) to the relevant bodies on a timely basis.
- Track and approve leave requests for all employees.
- Act as the key point of contact with all our banks and perform all bank agent related roles.
- Act as the key point of contact with all company stakeholders including creditors, debtors and other service providers.
- Ensure statutory payments and other mandatory payments such as business licences and permits are made to the relevant bodies on a timely basis.
- Order office supplies and manage filing, storage and security of all finance records.
- Maintain an updated fixed asset register.
- Ensure strict compliance to the finance policy to guarantee operational efficiency.
- Take a lead in ensuring the annual audit is conducted smoothly. Ensure all audit recommendations are implemented in subsequent months.
- Familiarize with film related tax laws on WHT, Corporation tax and VAT.
- Maintain strict compliance with KRA through ensuring strict adherence to all taxation laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Accounts/Finance related course. A combination of this and a CPA-K will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years proven work experience leading a finance department.
- Experience with operations in a film production company preferred.
- Understanding of general ledger accounting and familiarity with accounting software. Experience using QuickBooks is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Tax management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Advanced Excel skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands and deadlines.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 29th October 2021
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.