Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Location / Work
Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00 PM
Reports to: Finance
reports: Finance Assistant
To be responsible for
bookkeeping tasks as well as providing support on finance and project budget
management functions, all this to enable SHOFCO to achieve its strategic
- Gather and collect all financial data and information and verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system.
- Create suppliers in the SAP System using official documents provided by suppliers i.e. ensure addresses, credit terms, correct bank details and ensure all the supplier details are up-to-date at all times.
- Perform and document supplier/vendor sanction checks as required and spot checks on bank details through direct calls.
- Support in maintaining a record of funds disbursed to sub-grantees.
- Maintain ledgers and contribute to regular financial reporting as well as budgeting/forecasting functions and audit related routines.
- Assist in tracking journal entries by reviewing the source documentation and making relevant adjustments.
- Process all financial transactions in the SAP to enable accurate financial reporting and monitoring.
- Record and process supplier invoices and staff and other meeting participants’ expense claims in the SAP and attach the scanned copied of the invoices/Support documents.
- Payroll processing and issuance of payslips to staff
- Maintain and record revenue, purchase and nominal ledgers.
- Initiate, record and confirm payments to suppliers and service providers through bank, cheques and M-Pesa and send remittances to suppliers once payments are approved.
- Monitoring daily bank balances and negotiating exchange rates at the bank.
- Maintain banking files, including a list of signatories and agents.
- Ensure all finance documents are scanned, filed and stored safely in the safe
- Assist with month end close processes as assigned.
- Follow up for open POs and requests that are over 1 month to ensure they are expeditiously acted upon by the procurement and inventory team.
- Track all advances issued to staff for projects, weekly expenses and travel activities.
- Prepare monthly bank, M-pesa and SAP reconciliations to ensure records and information entered are accurate.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end accounting and audit related routines.
- Responsible for filing statutory returns. i.e. PAYE, NHIF, NSSF,WHT,VAT Withholding, Annual return
- Provide support in preparing donor reports and financial reports for the different stakeholders.
- Maintain an accurate filing system by processing the checks, expense reports and reconciliation of accounts.
- Oversee reconciliation and proper reporting for SHOFCO’s affiliates, SUN & SUN Duka.
- Support in grant management ensuring timely grant reporting. Maintain a schedule of all grants and reporting requirements.
- Diploma In Business AdministrationDiploma In Finance And Accounting
- Diploma in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field
- Qualification in Accounting – CPA, ACCA, or similar will be desirable
- 3 years experience in the finance department
- A working understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation and regulations.
- Proficient user of finance software
How to apply
All applications to be
submitted before 11th June 2021