Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Responsible to the County coordinator and Regional Finance Officer for effective planning and budgeting, as well as implementation and evaluation of an effective financial accountability system to ensure prudent management of the Society’s funds within the County. Specific duties include enforcing stringent financial controls and ensuring monthly financial reports are used for better financial management. Other duties include developing and coordinating the annual budget cycle that provides justification for financial resources needed to accomplish strategic objectives. In addition, responsible for ensuring compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as advising management on measures to be taken to improve financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the process of developing annual budgets for the county branch.
- Key in data onto Navision and send for approval
- Perform reconciliations in a timely manner – Bank, assets, Creditors and receivables
- Maintain a petty cash account and ensure its properly accounted
- Review all financial documentation both county branch and project documents to ensure they are properly supported
- Maintain and update the Branch asset register
- Keep track of all supplier invoices and ensure they are paid in a timely fashion
- Be a bank agent to all the County Branch accounts
- Receipt income and Prepare all payment vouchers ensuring proper support documentation is attached
- Ensure that the county board and regional management team is updated on all financial matters with regular reports (quarterly sent to them)
- Assist in Preparation of the final books of accounts in readiness for audit
- Follow up and correction of all management letter issues raised post audit
- Ensure that periodic financial reports are forwarded to management within the stipulated deadlines.
- Provide technical leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the annual budgets and plans aimed at operationalizing programmes and projects activities
- Compile and analyse accounting reports, records and other data to maintain expenditure controls and also determine the financial resources required to implement specific programmes
- Prepare accurate forecasts for all types of income and expenditures
- Recommend areas of improvement and enforcement of internal controls
- Participate in procurement meetings and provide technical finance guidance where necessary
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or finance plus CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications
- Five (5) years’ experience in accounting and budgeting of financial resources including skills in computerized accounting systems.
- Very knowledgeable in Excel
- Knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage
- Very keen to details
- Able to complete tasks strictly within the timelines provided.
- Has the ability to articulate themselves and help both governance and management to make sense of management reports
- Has the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1 October. 2021