Simba Corporation is an integrated business group headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with controlling interests in such diversified fields as motor sales and service, hospitality, investment and financial services. Simba Corporation has grown from a modest used-car sales enterprise, founded in 1948 by Mr. Abdul Karim Popat, into one of Kenya’s most successful indigenous commercial organizations with a rich heritage in motor vehicle sales and service.At Simba, we take pride in always creating value in the business we do- most especially for our customers. The singular tenet we stand by is to ensure that our customers have confidence in our products and services through accessibility, reliability and transparency. Simba is a member of KAM (Kenya Association of Manufacturers), KEPSA (Kenya Private Sector Alliance), KMI (Kenya Motor Industry Association), FKE (Federation of Kenya Employers),among others and in 2016, signed the code of Ethics for business in Kenya under the United Nations Global Compact Network- Kenya. OUR MISSION Our mission is to establish a pan-African corporation creating value for our customers, employees, investors, partners and suppliers through mutually beneficial relationships, efficient operations and financial prudence. OUR VISION To be a trusted, innovative, and diversified world-class pan-African corporation
- Contact person for the external audit. Ensure that the required audit schedules are done in time and in the prescribed format to deliver an effective and efficient audit.
- Custodian of the general ledger. Need to perform frequent reviews on the general ledger, interrogate the various entries in the GL and ensure they are investigated, and corrective actions taken.
- At all times to ensure detailed review of the various processes in the financial systems and ensure the output in the GL is accurate, together with the reports generated thereon.
- Coordinating closure of the various processes done at the period ends, for example depreciation, forex run, Accruals, prepayments, etc.
- Ensuring that taxes such as corporate income tax, VAT, withholding tax are prepared and submitted in accordance with legislation and to laid down timelines.
- Reconciliation of the inter-companies within the Group and reconciliation of the inter departmental balances in Companies.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts with other existing third-party records.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local & corporate policies, regulations, and tax laws.
- Custodian of company assets by maintaining a proper fixed asset register and movement schedule.
- Ensuring that inventory valuation has been performed on monthly basis.
- Liaison person with insurance company and ensuring that company’s assets are sufficiently insured.
- Preparation of the financial statements of the parent company, including consolidation workings.
- Preparation of the financial statements of the intermediary holding companies, including consolidation workings.
- Responsible for all the accounting activities of the parent company.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline
- CPA (K) / ACCA or equivalent professional qualification
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft office: excel, word and power point and G-suite applications.
- Good understanding of the functionalities of a complex ERP system.
- Exemplary knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
- Experienced in preparing consolidated financial statements for a group with diversified subsidiaries.
- Good knowledge of tax laws, rules and regulations in Kenya.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with good report writing and presentation skills.
- Five years’ experience in a busy financial reporting role.
- Led an audit done by one of the big four audit firms.
- Team player.
- Attentive to detail in execution of tasks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 8 October. 2021