Job Vacancy: Firmware Testing & Support Engineer
Our client is a leading oil and gas company in the African region, they are seeking to have on board a competent Firmware Testing & Support Engineer to support their expansion strategy and maintain efficient and effective services for their clients.
The job profile is expected to contribute to the reliable operation of our meters by conducting rigorous testing of current and future firmware versions, continuously improving the firmware testing process and making recommendations to improve meter firmware.
Reports to: Lead Hardware Engineer
Key Result Areas
- Test firmware versions under development.
- Analyse and record test results, and prepare written test reports.
- Recommend improvements in meter software and hardware design. Continuously improve testing processes.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of deployed firmware.
- Support firmware release process.
- Investigate technical issues and potential tampering incidents and recommend resolutions.
- Train colleagues in repair and configuration of meters.
- Analyse daily meter performance and report issues.
- Provide technical assistance to our technicians and salespersons in the field.
- 1-3 Years experience in a similar role
- Diploma/Bachelor in Electromechanical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or any related course.
- Ability to read circuit schematics and board layouts in an electrical CAD programs
- Knowledge of hardware (embedded hardware) and firmware interaction.
- Experience in C/C++ and Java programming languages.
- Experience with MySQL is an added advantage
- Enthusiasm to continuously improve skills and learn new technologies
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data using Excel
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to email@example.com not later than 5pm on 17th November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”