CPU Manager Job, Current Banking Jobs Kenya, Latest IT Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Position: Manager – Manager- Central Processing Unit
Industry – Banking
Position Budget: 130,000 – 150,000
Our client a Microfinance Bank is seeking to fill the position of Manager- Central Processing Unit. The overall purpose of the job is to actively manage and take responsibility for the Cash Centre and Payments & Settlement team within the Service Delivery Department. The job holder will ensure that all Cash in Transit requirements, payment, and treasury transactions are processed and settled in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with all relevant regulation, policies, and procedures.
- Manage and supervise the Payments & Settlements units, to ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained. Process all payments and settlements transactions within pre- set standardized turnaround times and ensure SLAs are complied
- Manage and supervise the CIT unit, to ensure in effective and efficient operating model is maintained. Process all Cash in Transit requests within pre- set standardized turnaround times and ensure SLAs are complied
- Ensure that all transaction processing is in compliance with regulatory and Bank’s policies and procedures with prompt intervention to resolve problems/ concerns. Act as a payment/transaction authorizer, where necessary.
- Liaison with the various bankers to ensure bank expectations are
- Optimal branch cash limit management to ensure adequate and optimal funding
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation, monitoring and settlement of all
- Manage maintenance of transaction records and documents and create an archival system
Process and Risk Management
- Ensure that the operational risk is effectively managed and addressed in all aspects of the within the function being not limited to due diligence on all payment, settlement, and CIT
- Ensure that any audit points have been addressed and cleared in a reasonable
- Review department delivery processes with a view to ensure smooth workflow within the department, reduce turnaround times and achieve efficiency and cost
- Develop, improve, and maintain, policies and procedures and user manuals for the CIT, Payments &Settlement unit.
- Prepare regular MI and analysis for senior management for effective monitoring and evaluation
- Carry our all people management responsibilities for the team, including but not limited to coaching, performance reviews and attendance. Promote cross-skilling and ensure that all members of the team have personal development plans and are on track for their cross-skilling.
- Have quarterly departmental
- Provide technical support and advice in the field of CIT, Payments & Settlements to senior management, and other stakeholders Such as Business Development teams to help drive new business
- Participate in the function related projects, to ensure their timely completion, achievement of objectives and cost efficiencies. Ensure the change-over to new systems and processes is smooth and error-free.
- Minimum 5 years of banking experience, 2 of which should be in managerial level, both as a manager and a proven leader with predominant experience in Commercial Payments, Treasury settlements, Cash management, Nostro & Vostro
- An experience in managing change in relation to systems, processes, workflows, and resources
- University degree in a Business or IT related
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- CPA (K)
- Excellent understanding of SWIFT/ Payment and ACH (Automated Clearing House)
- Able to apply financial knowledge and
- Sound knowledge of the Banking Act and the regulatory framework in the Financial Services
- Experience in stakeholder
- Proficient in the use of Banking and office management
- Excellent understanding of Treasury settlement is an added advantage
- Risk Management and
- Be commercially aware of payment and treasury products, systems, and new
- Good MS Office product skills with a bias in EXCEL, Word &
- Basic knowledge on AML (Anti- Money Laundering)
- Strong people management skills and experience, including change management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including to senior stakeholders, external partners, and customer.
- Strong analytical
- Strong organizational skills in relation to self and the
- Able to develop and implement solutions both tactical &
- Attention to detail &
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and find a solution in a complex and demanding
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th October 2021. Indicating Manager- Central Processing Unit as the email subject.