Pawame is transforming the lives of individuals and entire communities, starting with modern energy access. Pawame operates anywhere underserved people are, pushing boundaries deep into some of the most rural communities on the continent while functioning sustainably and with integrity. Pawame is a partner to its customers from their first interaction with a sales agent to the moment of installation by a technician and throughout their ascent up the energy ladder.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Key Activities And Responsibilities Of The Role
Build Front-End Features
- Design and document frontend features
- Write manageable code to implement these features against an approved development plan.
- Integrate health monitoring and logging tooling to maintain a healthy stack.
Development of Strategy and Plan around the Front-end Stack
- Contribute to the software development plan and the general strategy to a more robust and scalable stack.
- Advise on new technologies to adopt for the stack.
Testing and Training of New Features
- Write automated and functional tests for front-end features.
- Train users on new features working as well as improving the UX based on user feedback.
Support and Maintain The FullStack
- Offer support in the fullstack when called upon. e.g troubleshoot Zoho Creator used for field operations.
Bachelor in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Technology or any related field of study.
- 3 years’ experience in FrontEnd environment
- 2 years’ experience in React.js workflows
- Proven experience with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Proven experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- RESTful APIs
- Excellence in Testing knowledge
- Knowledge and proven experience in Gitlab
- Proven experience with Docker
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proactive individual.
- The ideal candidate should have a result-driven personality
- A team player
- Ideal candidate should be resilient.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Healthcare Insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Middle management training programs.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Subsidized meals at the Pawame Headquarters.
- Our values guide our work, and as a PawaTeam member, you’re expected to work with integrity, discipline and drive to serve our customers and build our community. Everyone from our interns to the founders contributes to our success in different ways and have meaningful opportunities to grow and learn in the company.
- With community being one of Pawame’s core values we foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that treats every individual with respect. Pawame welcomes applications for this position from all qualified applicants with pre-existing Kenyan work authorization. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th June, 2021