Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is a leading player in building and public works in Africa and they seek to hire a Geotechnical Engineer to implement the requirements of the quality, safety and environment management system in line with company guidelines.
- Ensure verification of materials,supplies and works performed in accordance with contract requirements.
- Participate in the creation and setting up laboratory teams and equipment on site.
- Establish and follow the schedule of inspections and tests in accordance with current standards.
- Manage checklists and ensure the traceability of samples and tests.
- Establish the analysis, test reports and check Maintenance and standardization of equipment.
- Analyze testing results with the project team and advise on measures to be taken in case of anomalies.
- Carry out duties in the laboratory and in the field, with resources in staff and equipment.
- Participate in the company ‘s improvement dynamic.
- Respect the procedures and instructions which are in effect.
- Organize document filing for the laboratory department.
- Provide expert engineering advice and recommendations for construction projects.
- Perform geotechnical studies, field tests, analysis and design.
- Prepare and present findings and recommendations to the technical team.
- Organize and direct geotechnical site assessment.
- Set quality standards and determine and obtain necessary compliance permits.
- Degree or Master Degree in Geotechnical/ Geospatial.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the same role and industry.
- Knowledge of the norms and regulations of the industry.
- Ability to head the Laboratory team/department.
- Mastery of MS Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Geotechnical Engineer – Construction ) to email@example.com on or before 15th September 2021.