Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
About the role
We are looking for a GIS specialist to help us design, develop, and implement systems and databases to access and store geospatial data. Specifically, we are looking for someone to support population mapping, land / sewer mapping, and generally support various analyses utilizing mapping software in our areas of operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement systems and databases for geospatial data
- Performing data capture and analysis for GIS product
- Perform geospatial modeling and spatial analysis
- Utilize mapping software to support
- Population mapping
- Land and sewer mapping
- Other analyzes utilizing mapping software
- Proficiency with GIS web and desktop software and data management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively configure data
- Experience with various technology methodologies and applications
- Detail-oriented and analytical thinker
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Ability to process and analyze data
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021