We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Ando Foods is on a mission to create food brands for delivery only. We are creating the foundations of an idea – a premium experience, sustainable all round, and most importantly delicious restaurant quality delivery-only food that travels well.
REPORTING LINE: EXECUTIVE CHEF
TRAVEL UP TO: 20% MAINLY WITHIN NAIROBI
You must be passionate about food and cooking.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage and maintain food quality and cost control
- Maintenance of high hygiene standards in the kitchen
- Minimize guest complaints and maximize compliments on food
- Adhere to quality and proper food presentation
- Maintain the standards of food production and presentation set by the establishment through proper supervision of all the branches.
- Ensue consistency in food preparation is adhered to at all times in all branches
- Ensure all food prepared is tasted and acceptable for service
- Maintain the laid down recipes
- Eliminate waste, control stock rotation and portion control while ensuring no compromise on set standards
- Responsible for kitchen equipment and tools to prevent misuse and damage.
- Ensure pilferage is controlled in the kitchen at all times.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
- Not to divulge any recipes or methods of cooking to competitors.
- Handling of emergency cases effectively and efficiently.
- Be a master of proper communication system in the establishment.
- Give briefs and feedback on kitchen operations to your staff regularly.
- Carry out daily inventory spot checks on all prepared food and ensure they conform to business projection.
- Ensure all supplies are done on time and of agreed quality.
- Manage ‘First in First out’ procedure on all supplies or mise en place.
- Liaise with managers on daily basis to obtain guests feedback and take appropriate measures where there are concerns.
- Plan and have a proper duty roster at all times for your staff.
- Train and motivate the staff under your control an ensure discipline is maintained.
- Hold meetings with your staff and guide them on their performance or changes thereof.
- Carry out self-appraisals and update on performance on regular basis.
- Recommend any new products or supplies to your superiors for approval.
- Recommend the right staff members for any promotion or training when necessary.
- Should ensure staff are in proper and clean uniforms..
- Maximize the teamwork spirit to all staff.
- Create and maintain a harmonious working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Take any other instructions as may be given to you from time to time from your superiors.
- 5 years and above in kitchen supervisory or management roles in the kitchen
- Customer service training
- Controls and costing knowledge
- Purchasing ability
- Food safety training (HAACP, ISO, etc.)
- Optimization of labor
- Strong leadership skills
- Great communicator both oral and written
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use Head Chef as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 23 November. 2021