Safeguard Workwear is a Kenyan based manufacturing company focused on manufacturing medical respirators, which are essential in protecting healthcare worker from viruses such as COVID-19. These are often referred to as FFP2 or KN95 medical respirators depending on the technical specifications and compliance certifications.
Safeguard Workwear is looking for a Business Head for Business Creation, Product Development and Merchandising Function as part of our Key Management Team
Reporting To: CEO
- Build out a Sales startegy with the CEO, detailing how to penetrate local and export markets in the PPE Business.
- Drive growth in business through multiple customer acquisitions supported by the development of a strong product portfolio and value proposition covering medical devices, medical apparel and outerwear work segment.
- Networking and development of a strong ecosystem of suppliers and contract manufacturers to support the product portfolio and scope of SGW’s offering.
- Converse with clients and build relationships, ensuring product development, costing and all other aspects of sales and marketing enable order fulfilment and maximum capacity utilisation and required profitability.
- Drive sales with AKU and its affiliates while building out opportunities with distributors and direct sales within Africa and additional support to build a strong global customer portfolio within the respirators, medical clothing and accessories business.
- Build relationships and network with customers/suppliers to develop a unique product portfolio and value proposition that enables sustainable business growth.
- Understand Consumer & Customer trends, relate to Technology trends and financial models well to be able to scope out a product portfolio that is enticing to the customer or to develop new revenue routes to market thereby growing business opportunities.
- Communicate and undertake periodic travel to meet customers or directly with the retailers in order to build strategic relationships and understand the market behavior.
- Monitor Pricing Strategies and ensure appropriate pricing strategies are used in line with customer expectations to secure required business at the most profitable level for both parties.
- Ensure that the marketing team is effectively managed, resourced (includes recruitment as well) and trained and appropriate targets are allocated/achieved in order to meet agreed business objectives such as optimum market penetration and customer retention.
- Achieve sales budgets, monitor progress and implement contingency plans as required to achieve the same
- Create brand equity for the business with the customers to facilitate achievement of the business mission
- Drive the team to execute the development/sample requirements on time with the right costings, meeting customer development expectations and secure the business for Safeguard.
- Coordinating with the manufacturing/ operations team for any product-related concerns.
- A dynamic individual with the ability to communicate effectively
- Degree in Marketing/Economics/ Business or relevant professional qualification
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in pharma, medical supplies, or healthcare is required.
- Experience in the US/UK/ASIAN markets, preferably 3-5 years’
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021