End poverty in the heart and on the land. Our approach to ending poverty is unique. We work hand in hand with families in Africa. We understand that poverty is more than just the day to day struggle of toiling on land that fails to produce. Many people believe that poverty has become part of their personality, and hold out little hope for change. We provide livestock and training in natural organic farming practices alongside courses in gender equality, conflict resolution and more. It’s a package that works. It’s a package that families pass on to others. Send a Cow helps African communities find the riches in their own back garden so they can grow their own food to feed themselves and their families every day.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Monitoring, Evaluation and Programme Effectiveness based in Nairobi, Kenya. This role comes at a time of exciting transition with a new 10-year strategy.
The main purpose of the role is communicate the achievement of SAC vision, mission, goal and objectives through appropriate collection, analysis and visualisation of impact data. Within that to ensure that SAC systems, frameworks and processes for monitoring and evaluation and programme management are fit for purpose across SAC country programmes. Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate monitoring, evaluation and impact information is appropriate for decision-making, learning and accountability. Oversees Africa wide data analysis and Programme KPI reporting against SAC 10-year strategy. Overall responsible for building Monitoring and Evaluation capacity of country teams and ensuring country teams have adequate Monitoring and Evaluation framework, calendar and tools. Supports innovative approaches to our programme design and impact, including appropriate use of mobile phone technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Send A Cow, and has a successful track record in programme design, monitoring and impact evaluation. You will have experience in tracking progress against programme team wide KPI. We have a rigorous M+E and Impact system and we want our Head of M+E and Innovation to build on our successes. You will bring strong analytical skills and ability to present data and information in an engaging way to different internal and external audiences. You will be able to work under pressure and have attention to detail.
To communicate the achievement of SAC vision, mission, goal and objectives through appropriate collection, analysis and visualisation of impact data. To ensure that SAC systems, frameworks and processes for monitoring and evaluation and programme management are fit for purpose across SAC country programmes. Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate monitoring, evaluation and impact information is appropriate for decision making, learning and accountability. Oversees Africa wide data analysis and Programme KPI reporting against SAC 10-year strategy. Overall responsible for building Monitoring and
Evaluation capacity of country teams and ensuring country teams have adequate Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
Scope of the Job
- Championing and strengthening SAC Strategic Impact and Programme KPI analysis and reporting
- Coordinating Monitoring and Evaluation support
- M+E and Learning systems and processes
- Building capacities across country
- Line managemen
- Coordinates M+E support
- Works closely with Africa Regional Director
- Works closely with SAC country teams
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
- Works closely with Head of Thematic and Support and Capacity building
Strategic Monitoring and Evaluation
- Responsible for mid-term and end of term evaluation and capturing learning of SAC 10 year strategy
- Overall responsible for SAC Monitoring and Evaluation and Programme Effectiveness
- Collates and analyses data and reports on Programme KPI
- Ensures that country directors, SAC SLT and board receive timely and accurate information on SAC reach and impact
- Develops and manages SAC M+E plan Country Support
- Coordinates M+E support to country teams
- Ensures that SAC teams and local partners have the M+E tools, processes and systems to adequately and timely capture, analyse and report on SAC reach and impact
- Ensures that country teams conduct appropriate baseline surveys and impact reporting
- Directly supports up to two SAC countries
- Develops M+E training materials
- Works with Head of Thematic Support and Capacity Building to develop an M+E and Learning Community of practice
- Organises and facilitates M+E training
- Develops community and group level M+E framework Line management and M+E champion
- Line management of the M&E Advisor
- Ensures M+E Advisor develops and follows through annual M+E plans and support visits
- Leads in the identification of M+E champions at country level
- Builds the technical capacities of M+E Advisor and M+E country champions M+E Systems and framework
- Responsible for improving SAC systems and processes for M+E (including Akva Flow) and project management (Sales Force) Ensures that SAC systems have most up to date information
- Keeps up to date with new M+E systems and approaches and improves SAC as appropriate Fundraising
- Works with fundraising teams and Programme Executive to ensure SAC M+E is appropriate for and accessible to fundraising teams Person Specification
- Masters’ degree in Social Sciences, Community Development or related field.
- Degree or certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Research methodology
- Strong experience in programme design monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing and reviewing M+E frameworks, M+E plans
- Demonstrable experience in computerised data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrable experience donor reporting (including for major donors such as DFID, USAID)
- Strong experience producing M+E and impact data for decision-making, learning and constant improvement.
- Experience managing staff
- Strong community development experience
- Demonstrable experience using computerised M+E systems.
- Strong Project Management experience and
- Very strong report writing and visualisation of data
- Experience in Project Management Systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with of different ranges of data
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Advanced computer skills related to M+E
- Ability to train staff on M&E, data collection and analysis, developing Learning Agendas.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and client focused
- ability to work collaboratively as part of a tea
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to work independently