The National Communications Secretariat established under Section 84 of the Kenya Information and Communications Act 1998, is the policy advisory body to the Government of Kenya on all matters pertaining to the ICT sector through the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyans for the position of HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT in the Secretariat.
DURATION: THREE YEARS (PERFORMANCE-BASED RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
DUTY STATION: NAIROBI
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28TH MAY 2021
HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
The role shall be responsible for the design, planning, execution, control and monitoring of supply chain activities which include procurement, purchasing, logistics, transportation, storage, stock control, contract management, distribution, with the objective of creating value to meet the objectives of the Secretariat.
Specifically, the role shall:-
1. Design and implement an efficient procurement management system within the Secretariat
2. Determine and propose methods and strategies for handling supply chain management function
3. Oversee the development of budget for supply chain management department and monitor implementation of procurement in line with approved budget and in line with approved procurement plans
4. Coordinate development of strategic plan for supply chain management function
5. Prepare annual asset acquisition and disposal plans for the Secretariat
6. Analyze, develop and initiate supply chain management structures and systems, including policies and guidelines to facilitate decision making for procurement and asset disposal
7. Ensure compliance to policy guidelines, laws and regulations relating to procurement in the public sector
8. Oversee contract development and service level agreements and further assist in contract implementation, monitoring of performance
Mandatory qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Supply chain management option or, Bachelor of Economics, Statistics, Procurement and Supplies Management, B. Com, Supplies Chain Management or any other related field from a recognized institution.
2. Master’s degree in any of the following: – Procurement and Supplies Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
3. Sound knowledge of the provisions of the Constitution on public procurement.
4. Experience and knowledge of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, its regulations and guidelines.
5. Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, Regulations and guidelines.
Mandatory professional qualifications / membership to professional body
Must be a member of a recognized purchasing and supplies management professional body within Kenya i.e. the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
Any of the below would be an added advantage:
1. Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution
2. Senior Management course lasting not less than (4) weeks from a recognized institution
Previous relevant work experience
At least 8 years of relevant experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can email applications
or submit to:
National Communications Secretariat
P. O. Box 10756 – 00100
Applications must include a cover letter stating how the applicant meets required specifications and a detailed CV including work experience and three professional referees with complete and current contact information.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit the following among other documents; Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
National Communication Secretarait values diversity therefore Special Interest Groups including youth, women, Persons With Disability (PWD) and Minority & Marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.