Open Capital Advisors is a management consulting and financial advisory firm that drives growth, enables investment, and builds markets across Africa. We help businesses, investors, development partners, and the public sector identify opportunities and deliver unique, impactful solutions. We blend our deep local market experience and global perspective with a customized approach.
Who You Are
You are deeply passionate about developing future leaders for Africa, supporting an inclusive culture where talent can thrive, and you love pragmatic solutions design as well as thinking out of the box. You will be responsible for the heart of our business: our people! You are excited to combine business impact with people management to join our leadership team as our Head of Talent. In this role, you will be responsible for driving our firm-wide talent & culture strategy, people management, and team development initiatives, fostering a healthy, inclusive workplace and equal employment opportunity environment that enables us to achieve our business objectives and mission while living out our values and creating a great experience for our staff throughout the employee lifecycle.
In this capacity you will partner with firm leadership to understand our business priorities and challenges and strengthen our talent strategies and practices, implementing best-in-class talent operations through your People Operations team. By identifying areas of improvement to inform and implement an updated Talent strategy, you will enable us to continue attracting, retaining, and developing great talent, while fostering an inclusive and great work environment in order to achieve our 5–10-year business objectives.
You have the following background and competencies:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field; Master’s degree in HR or a related field and active International Human Resource Management (IHRM) membership will be considered an advantage.
- You are an experienced HR executive with at least 10 years’ work experience, 5 of which should be in setting the talent strategy and leading people-centric operations at a fast-growing company and/or in talent-related advisory services.
- You have worked in and managed teams in East, Southern, and/or West Africa. You have a good understanding of local employment laws and key cultural differences in these markets. This will help us ensure compliance with local regulations and ensure that we are adequately incorporating differences across markets in our operations, that we are fostering a cohesive culture across our offices while recognizing unique cultural aspects.
- You are a strategic thinker, a great problem solver with excellent communication skills. You can set the vision and own the talent strategy that we need to support OCA’s 5 to 10-years’ business objectives. You can also articulate the roadmap and plan to get us there. You are comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative analyses to analyze issues, while balancing business and impact goals. You are able to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a team player and a bridge builder. You care deeply about people and can work with individuals at all levels of the company, with different personalities. You are great at bringing others along, building buy-in and consensus, articulating your ideas in a clear manner.
What You Will Do
As a senior leader within the firm, leading all Talent & People initiatives, you will
- Lead strategic thinking and operational execution of our Talent & People functions:
- Recruiting & Onboarding: ensure we are attracting great talent across levels based on business needs to support our continued growth, and supporting the firm’s diversity goals
- Learning & Development: ensure our career pathways, professional development plans and performance management systems, processes and policies are fit for purpose, efficient, equitable and meet business needs
- Staffing: ensure we are thoughtful about providing our team, particularly our junior staff with the right mix of and equitable access to project opportunities to foster their growth while balancing business needs
- Culture & Employee Retention: lead the charge to ensure that we are living out our values and are collectively fostering a collaborative, positive and inclusive work environment where our people thrive. Keep a good pulse on and propose solutions to implement staff ideas.
- Compensation & Benefits: Oversee employee benefits in each country, making sure these are always up to date and understood by staff. Ensure our benefits are competitive within our markets and peer group.
- General HR policies & procedures: Oversee our HR policies, procedures and programs based on local legislations and best practices in Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Nigeria, and any other expansion countries. Ensure a good and accurate management of employee records.
- Transitions & Alumni Engagement: Ensure we have a thoughtful exit process and an effective way to stay in touch with our alumni
- Hire, lead and develop the GS team across the functions outlined above. You will have direct line responsibility for our People Operations team members.
What We Offer
- An organization & leadership team excited to include your ideas in evolving our theory of Open Capital
- An extremely talented, passionate, collaborative & fun team
- Competitive benefits and professional development opportunities
- Compensation that increases rapidly with excellent performance
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021