Maua Methodist Hospital
Job Advertisement: CHAP-UZIMA HIV Program Psychological Counsellor
Maua Methodist Hospital (MMH) is a national institution of the Methodist Church in Kenya which was established in 1928 by the British Methodist Missionaries in obedience to the great commission of Christ.
From that humble modest start the hospital has grown to a regional Referral and Teaching Hospital in Meru County.
MMH is also a hub for community health and development services.
As a provider of quality and compassionate health care in obedience of the great commandment, we recognize that a team of people with great character, compassion and excellent skills are our most valuable resource.
To strengthen our team, we in liaison with CHAP-Uzima Program are seeking to hire a Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies and Personal Attributes Required:
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology or in a related field
- NASCOP certificate on HIV Testing and Counselling
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience
- Must be born again and committed Christian with evidence of maturity in faith
- Must be an honest person full of integrity in their personal conduct and handling of job responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with patients in a simple manner to make them understand, the disease clearly.
- Basic knowledge & terminology about HIV/AIDS disease.
- Understanding of basic concepts of HIV related to HIV testing services and knowledge of disease prevention solutions.
- Ability to explain to patients on what type(s) of HIV testing services are available at the clinic such as rapid HIV Testing, Confidential HIV Testing, conventional HIV Testing or Anonymous HIV Testing services.
- Ability to give accurate, unbiased, clear information about the disease to the patients.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask.
- Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area
- Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
If you possess the above, we are looking for you;
Send an application letter and curriculum vitae (CV) only to the Human Resources Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th September 2021 and fill an auto-replied online application form. If you do not receive the auto reply, check your spam/junk mail.
Please note, due to high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Maua Methodist Hospital
P.O. Box 63-60600, Maua
Telephone: 064-21003 Mobile: 0724697053